U2 packing it in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Then show me that post.

2. I said who fucking knows to end the debate because you're obviously gonna keep going round and round with no proof about your claims u2 does not use backing tracks live (meaning playing to a hard disc)

Maybe rethink posting before you sound any more ridiculous.

You found the post where you failed to read what I wrote, and now you can't find the post where I corrected your first failure to read what I wrote? L.O.L. noone's buying it man.

You didn't say who fucking knows to end the debate, you clearly admitted you didn't know exactly what they did. Those were your exact words. Period.

Amazingly enough, in response to that I also agreed that they do use backing elements.

I said we differed on what exact elements are pre recorded and which are Terry live.

Are we done now? :)

No I'm still waiting for you to explain what you apparently know about the live tracks.
No hard disc? (Meaning ANY kind of computer generated file; NOT a sequencer outboard piece of gear)
Terry playing HOW MANY keyboards live?

School me dude. I'm waiting.
But you won't. You dance around it. You don't know.

No I'm still waiting for you to explain what you apparently know about the live tracks.
No hard disc? (Meaning ANY kind of computer generated file; NOT a sequencer outboard piece of gear)
Terry playing HOW MANY keyboards live?

School me dude. I'm waiting.
But you won't. You dance around it. You don't know.

No, the lack of knowledge is entirely your forte.

Keep it comin..

No, the lack of knowledge is entirely your forte.

Keep it comin..

And Another sidestepped question.
You have nothing but smug wise ass comments and no forthcoming facts.

If you want to shut me up and make me look like a shithead that you obviously think I am then lay it out for all to see. Then I will gladly kiss your ass and praise your name.

Until then you're just out for a fight. And it ain't just with me; your attitude towards most here is sub par and hollier than though, and rude.
Keep it coming.

I haven't had time to really read the last few pages, can someone get me up to date? Who has the biggest dick exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

smug wise ass

Trust me, he is aware he is a smug wise ass. In fact I can say with certainty that he embraces this side of his personality, which is probably why we get along well, as it takes one to know one :lol:

Which, come to think of it, might say something about you as well :hmm:

Trust me, he is aware he is a smug wise ass. In fact I can say with certainty that he embraces this side of his personality, which is probably why we get along well, as it takes one to know one :lol:

Which, come to think of it, might say something about you as well :hmm:

That's it...let's fight!

:wink:

I just had this crazy thought. What if... and bear with me here... What if instead of clogging up the thread with a personal argument you say you're up for discussing via pm, you just... discuss it via pm? And not clog up the thread with a personal argument no one else cares about?

That's just something weird that came to me.

In my opinion, influence is primarily about innovation, and I don't see too much of that in U2 (speaking purely in terms of the music). The one track of theirs that really stands out to me as unique is Lemon. It's the combination of the icy but layered instrumentation and the vocal performance, which is emotionally naked but also strangely detached on account of the falsetto. I've never heard anything quite like it.

:up:

The entire Zooropa album sounds totally alien even after hearing thousands of records. It's extremely unique, even within U2's discography.

I just had this crazy thought. What if... and bear with me here... What if instead of clogging up the thread with a personal argument you say you're up for discussing via pm, you just... discuss it via pm? And not clog up the thread with a personal argument no one else cares about?

That's just something weird that came to me.

:love:

internet-fight.gif

Good point.

That said, I've heard Zeppelin being dropped in conversations throughout my entire life. U2 rarely gets mentioned. But I can't be everywhere at once obviously, so, I can only give you my first hand experience. I've gotten naysayers to admit to liking certain U2 songs when i've pressed the issue, but it's not something I've noticed people willingly throw out there. I used to DJ like 300 parties a year for about a decade. Everything from little kid parties to sweet 16s to weddings to house parties. Rarely did I ever get a U2 request. Did I play a lot of Zeppelin? You bet. A lot of Stones? Of course. Beatles? Definitely.

Then again.....I didn't play much of The Who either. Or Kraftwerk.

Ignore this.

Speaking of clubs and DJing, and personal experience, I was in zimbabwe in may last year. In a swanky club in Bulawayo they were playing hip hop and trance and no one was really upbeat about the whole thing, and after a while sitting there and sipping my jack and coke I got tired of it and went to the DJ's station. I asked them to play some rock and surprisingly they were willing to do so. When asked what would I would like to hear I said, obviously, some U2. They said okay. The next song was 'Beautiful Day' and, believe it or not, a host of people rushed onto the dance floor and started dancing. I know, its not the obvious song for a dance, but the opening notes obviously stirred something in people who just a second ago were not in the mood for much stirring.

The best thing was four or five guys asked who requested it and when they learnt it was me (Zimbabweans are the most awesome and hospitable people btw) treated me to free alcohol. A lot of free alcohol.

So your and BVS' s comment made me think about that. U2's impact on culture may be more than we give it credit for. And when it comes to cultural impact, we are basically talking mainstream, and when we are talking mainstream we are talking hit singles -- songs more than albums or even bands. The casual listener wont remember obscure gems hidden in the album, they know the hits.

I would argue that today, many songs or bands may have that impact, but having seen it myself I would highly doubt that there will be impact much greater, even if it was a beatles or led zep single coming on in a club. I am not saying anyone's better than the other, just that that kind of cultural pervasion(?) is rare and is achieved by the top class of artists. It takes luck undoubtedly and some connect with the world at large to achieve moments like beautiful day, etc. And U2 have done it a lot of times in their long career. I personally feel that as fans we are an apologetic lot, maybe because of bono, maybe because U2 have never really been recognised (rightly in my opinion) as virtuoso musicians. But I think in the future U2 will be remembered as higher placed than many of us would dare to admit

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Shiiiit. I just quoted ozeeko's post without noticing that there were ten pages or so left. If I had known the faeces flinging that followed would have spared you guys my long ass post.

Shame, a few pages ago someone was remarking about how it was pleasantly surprising to see an interesting discussion on this forum.

Let. Shit. Go.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom