U2 packing it in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lolwtfmao

Umm yeah...let's hear about your credentials.....
And really, since you think you're the shit, it shouldn't be a problem. I'd LOVE to hear your resume....
You've done nothing but try to take me down for months, and you can keep trying; why? because I said U2 plays to backing tracks?

You can either answer me publicly or via PM.

Let's see...

Umm yeah...let's hear about your credentials.....
And really, since you think you're the shit, it shouldn't be a problem. I'd LOVE to hear your resume....

Credentials...resume...for what? Having been able to recognize the influence of one of the chief pioneers of electronic music in a great many artists work since?

Frankly I can`t understand anyone who actually works in the field ever saying something as foolish as what you wrote, but hey, your ``credentials` clearly override mine :rolleyes:

Credentials?

Apparently you need a CV and a designation to make a comment on music now :lmao:

EDIT: I'm still laughing out loud over that post, that has to be one of the more ridiculous ones I've ever seen on this forum, at least among ones that people are trying to pass off as "serious". And that's certainly saying a lot. Thanks for the laffs, JOFO :lol:

Credentials...resume...for what? Having been able to recognize the influence of one of the chief pioneers of electronic music in a great many artists work since? I mean, we actually studied about them in school, for crissakes.

Frankly I can`t understand anyone who actually works in the field ever saying something as foolish as what you wrote, but hey, your ``credentials` clearly override mine :rolleyes:

I didn't "study" Kraftwerk, no....I did study Bach, Mozart, Miles, Coltrane, Zeppelin, ....should I go on?
I don't have a problem with someone calling me out on not know fucking Kraftwerk....whatever.....I have a real problem with your attitude towards me and the way you've expressed it in the last several months....frankly I'm tired of it.
What? You can't put up or shut up?
I'll make a deal with you....just so we are on the same page...because I dunno, maybe you're actually Quincy fucking Jones as far as I know...
You pm me your website and I'll do the same....that way maybe we can start from a different place....maybe from respect....because right now I only think you're some fight picker on an internet forum.

Your move dude.

Credentials?

Apparently you need a CV and a designation to make a comment on music now :lmao:

EDIT: I'm still laughing out loud over that post, that has to be one of the more ridiculous ones I've ever seen on this forum, at least among ones that people are trying to pass off as "serious". And that's certainly saying a lot. Thanks for the laffs, JOFO :lol:

Dave, it's between me and gvox/ has been going on for awhile...please remember I liked your post 2 days ago or whatever and don't stir the pot.

I didn't "study" Kraftwerk, no....I did study Bach, Mozart, Miles, Coltrane, Zeppelin, ....should I go on?
I don't have a problem with someone calling me out on not know fucking Kraftwerk....whatever.....I have a real problem with your attitude towards me and the way you've expressed it in the last several months....frankly I'm tired of it.
What? You can't put up or shut up?
I'll make a deal with you....just so we are on the same page...because I dunno, maybe you're actually Quincy fucking Jones as far as I know...
You pm me your website and I'll do the same....that way maybe we can start from a different place....maybe from respect....because right now I only think you're some fight picker on an internet forum.

Your move dude.

LMAO

Oh wow this is rich...I should PM you a website? To what end?

Since we're being so frank: I frankly don't give a flying fuck if you don't like my attitude towards you. You came off like a blowhard know it all (as I admittedly have in times past and been called out on it) got called out on it and have carried a chip on your shoulder since. I frankly haven't given it a second thought. You want to keep this stupid shit going have at it. Or you can fucking ignore me, do whatever.

As for Kraftwerk, if you feel you must've missed everything that they influenced and can't hear their stamp on a shit-ton of the music of the last 3 decades, well there's not much to discuss. But don't expect to come into a discussion and reveal that little nugget of knowledge or lack thereof without at least someone laughing at it.

Dave, it's between me and gvox/ has been going on for awhile...please remember I liked your post 2 days ago or whatever and don't stir the pot.

He seems to be about as confused as I am.

And that was a really dumb post, I don't care if you "liked" my post (whatever that means, this isn't Facebook) two days ago or fifteen years ago. If I see someone say something ridiculous, it doesn't make it less ridiculous because you agreed with something I said a while back.

Regardless, you don't need to have "credentials" or some website that needs to apparently command some form of "respect" to be qualified enough to speak about a band or artist's influence on others. That's utter bull.

Actually. This may be the moment god walked into the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

LMAO

Oh wow this is rich...I should PM you a website? To what end?

Since we're being so frank: I frankly don't give a flying fuck if you don't like my attitude towards you. You came off like a blowhard know it all (as I admittedly have in times past and been called out on it) got called out on it and have carried a chip on your shoulder since. I frankly haven't given it a second thought. You want to keep this stupid shit going have at it. Or you can fucking ignore me, do whatever.

As for Kraftwerk, if you feel you must've missed everything that they influenced and can't hear their stamp on a shit-ton of the music of the last 3 decades, well there's not much to discuss. But don't expect to come into a discussion and reveal that little nugget of knowledge or lack thereof without at least someone laughing at it.

If I came off as a blowhard which I would say it probably sounds that way for anyone on this forum from time time when they're passionate about what they're saying, then sorry to have offended you. All I remember is you insulted the shit out of me for saying u2 plays to backing tracks and you think they use Ableton....ok.....then let's see your proof because I have some.

I don't have a chip on my shoulder, but you always bust my fucking balls for whatever reason here.

Lastly, no, I don't know Kraftwerk, but I ain't a fucking pop music producer: my realm is jazz, classical, and whatever acoustic genres you might want to say. But I love U2 since I was a kid. So what? I'm an idiot because of it? I ain't trying to be hip....I watched mtv since it's start....was Kraftwerk so prevalent? Right.....But whatever....

You know who Bill Frisell, Scott Colley, Joey Calderazzo, Antonio Sanchez, Kenny Wheeler, Charlie Haden, or Marc Copland are? If so, great, I'm impressed. If not, you're in the same situation I am with fucking Kraftwerk.

So go think about it.

Again, any pm is welcomed.

I'd say there's at least 4 participants of this thread I'd put on suicide watch right now.

He seems to be about as confused as I am.

And that was a really dumb post, I don't care if you "liked" my post (whatever that means, this isn't Facebook) two days ago or fifteen years ago. If I see someone say something ridiculous, it doesn't make it less ridiculous because you agreed with something I said a while back.

Regardless, you don't need to have "credentials" or some website that needs to apparently command some form of "respect" to be qualified enough to speak about a band or artist's influence on others. That's utter bull.

It means I respect your opinion since I liked your post.
Secondly, this is between gvox and I and it's because of his apparent work in the same industry. So therefore I'm asking about credentials because of his hollier than thou attitude. It isn't the first time and now I'm tired of it.
It's not about his credentials to speak about Kraftwerk or any other band, it's about his taunting me when I'd like to see how he has no gaps in his musical knowledge. At least I can be honest with mine.

Actually no I didn't, and I also didn't claim U2 uses Ableton.

But whatever.

Really?
Here's your post:

It's both, it depends on the song. But lets not forget U2 owns these loops and sounds and has them recorded and individually tracked from way back.

Some differentiation in terms is helpful here too: tapes are not loops and loops are not tapes. Loops can be part of a sequence of audio events triggered manually or automatically by a track. Tapes are more what the band used to use way back, when you could clearly see a reel-to-reel machine on stage with them. Nowadays it wouldn't be tapes but more audio files in raw format that would be played along with the track using some software..Ableton is a popular one for the live setting.

But remember a sample is just that a sample and U2 owns them so they can have Terry drop it in live at any time during a song.

So you DON'T think u2 uses Ableton? But they must use a sequencer....according to you....but you also suggest they might play to:
Nowadays it wouldn't be tapes but more audio files in raw format that would be played along with the track using some software..Ableton is a popular one for the live setting.

Uh huh.

Really?
Here's your post:

It's both, it depends on the song. But lets not forget U2 owns these loops and sounds and has them recorded and individually tracked from way back.

Some differentiation in terms is helpful here too: tapes are not loops and loops are not tapes. Loops can be part of a sequence of audio events triggered manually or automatically by a track. Tapes are more what the band used to use way back, when you could clearly see a reel-to-reel machine on stage with them. Nowadays it wouldn't be tapes but more audio files in raw format that would be played along with the track using some software..Ableton is a popular one for the live setting.

But remember a sample is just that a sample and U2 owns them so they can have Terry drop it in live at any time during a song.

So you DON'T think u2 uses Ableton? But they must use a sequencer....according to you....but you also suggest they might play to:
Nowadays it wouldn't be tapes but more audio files in raw format that would be played along with the track using some software..Ableton is a popular one for the live setting.

Uh huh.

:love:

This is truly great. I can't believe this bothers you as much as it does, but anyways.

Again, nowhere in that post did I say that U2 uses Ableton live. You're having a bit of a hard time reading that. No insult, but it's pretty clear that I didn't say THEY use Ableton. Please re-read. Thanks.

PS - As for what software they use live and all their little tricks..I'm gonna let you keep digging cause the info is out there :wink:

Right about now would be a great time to discuss our opinions of POP.

:love:

This is truly great. I can't believe this bothers you as much as it does, but anyways.

Again, nowhere in that post did I say that U2 uses Ableton live. You're having a bit of a hard time reading that. No insult, but it's pretty clear that I didn't say THEY use Ableton. Please re-read. Thanks.

PS - As for what software they use live..I'm gonna let you keep digging cause the info is out there :wink:

You inferred Ableton pretty strongly so don't be cute.
Secondly, I know EXACTLY what they use and it ain't sequencers.

The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost.

And I also like how you sidestepped my post before that.

No, they listen to Kraftwerk records obviously.

Don't you?

It means I respect your opinion since I liked your post.

Secondly, this is between gvox and I and it's because of his apparent work in the same industry. So therefore I'm asking about credentials because of his hollier than thou attitude. It isn't the first time and now I'm tired of it.

It's not about his credentials to speak about Kraftwerk or any other band, it's about his taunting me when I'd like to see how he has no gaps in his musical knowledge. At least I can be honest with mine.

I don't recall reading a claim that he had "no gaps in his musical knowledge". I can vouch for the fact that he isn't talking out of his ass (i know him personally and have for almost ten years now - actually come to think of it it will be exactly ten years as of the first week of September :hi5: ) but if he wants to share more then that's his prerogative.

Since gvox is a big boy I'll let him speak for himself in this one and watch the proceedings. :corn:

Oh fuck this....what a waste of fucking time.

Bye.

You inferred Ableton pretty strongly so don't be cute.
Secondly, I know EXACTLY what they use and it ain't sequencers.

1. No I didn't infer U2 uses Ableton, you just can't read. And I also clarified it for you back then, with a further post which you conveniently chose to ignore in recalling this ridiculous argument.

2. No you don't, and you admitted it quite clearly in our last go-round.

1. No I didn't infer U2 uses Ableton, you just can't read. And I also clarified it for you back then, with a further post which you conveniently chose to ignore in recalling this ridiculous argument.

2. No you don't, and you admitted it quite clearly in our last go-round.

1. Then show me that post.

2. I said who fucking knows to end the debate because you're obviously gonna keep going round and round with no proof about your claims u2 does not use backing tracks live (meaning playing to a hard disc)

In fact, let's settle this once and for all:

How does u2 make all those other sounds live gvox?

Back
Top Bottom