U2 On Cover of April SPIN Magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it's a better cover shot than Rolling Stone.

But it's not like that was a difficult achievement.

I still want to go at Bono with a washrag soaked in eye-makeup remover. :shifty:

Bono's makeup artist, which explains why he's doing it himself, which explains why he looks like that.

Bono is starting to look more & more like 1 of those guys in Dublin living in a box
with a more expensive jacket though :hmm:

I normally couldn't care less about how they look but this time I'll just say:
Drop the eyeliner!!! Sorry but I just think it is over the top!! Why the need to wear it??? I have to agree with everyone calling him "Emo Bono". It doesn't look good at all in my opinion.

I don't really mind the eyeliner look that much. I think it's better that Bono's trying something different and attempting to create a character instead of just sticking with the same pair of shades all the time..

What I don't understand is how the eyeliner character will fit with NLOTH. I mean, I can see it working for Boots and Stand Up Comedy, maybe Breathe, but that's about it. I guess we'll have to wait and see when the tour starts.

I don't really mind the eyeliner look that much. I think it's better that Bono's trying something different and attempting to create a character instead of just sticking with the same pair of shades all the time..

What I don't understand is how the eyeliner character will fit with NLOTH. I mean, I can see it working for Boots and Stand Up Comedy, maybe Breathe, but that's about it. I guess we'll have to wait and see when the tour starts.

Different doesn't necessarily mean better. As for the shades, his current shades aren't any different from those of Vertigo and Elevation era. He needs to either ditch the shades, or get the full out black ones like the one he had in AB.

Why does he "need" to do any of these things. :shrug: Let him do what he wants and keep entertaining us like he has for the last 30 years.

Hell, let Bono do what he wants to do. I don't think eye makeup or a certain hairstyle will have any impact on the album or shows. If he wants to experiment with his looks he should do it. He is an artist, he can do whatever he wants. Thank God U2 don't decide to stick to the same look for the rest of their carreers just because they aren't 25 any more.

Why does he "need" to do any of these things. :shrug: Let him do what he wants and keep entertaining us like he has for the last 30 years.

Although ur avatar scares me comet, hahaha, I have to agree with you.

First off, I like the eyeliner! For the people saying that it doesn't fit with the mood of the album; you are daft. There is a character in 2 songs that is a smack-head junkie! one of the themes of this album is about redemtion and rising up from out of dark places. Maybe it's a symbolism of that theme.

My Opinion: Leave the eyeliner alone already. These guys have just given us an amazing album (paricularly Bono in my opinion) and all you guys can harp on about is his choice in cosmetics. U2 are great at what they do. They do it and it's the fans choice to buy what they are selling. If it's not suitable for you then don't participate but it's not up to you to dictate their choices. They are the artists. It's Rock n'Roll baby!

Back
Top Bottom