U2 needs to look up the word 'horizon'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone have to take this OP seriously and overthink this? It's clear what "no line on the horizon" means. It means "no line where there normally is a line where the ocean ends and the sky begins in the distance from the viewpoint of a person looking out." Which everyone generally calls and understands to be "the horizon."

Simple. End of discussion.

"no line where there normally is a line where the ocean ends and the sky begins in the distance from the viewpoint of a person looking out."

OK, maybe this is the album title! And the shortened version (NLOTH) is the title of a single. I wouldn't put it past Bono, after all it's not much lengthier than HTDAAB or Stuck in a Moment and You Can't Get Out of It.

U2 didn't invent the phrase "No Line On The Horizon". So while, technically speaking, it might not exactly make sense, blame somebody else, not Bono.

And stop overanalyzing, for Christ's sake, you know what it's supposed to mean: No limitations.

U2 didn't invent the phrase "No Line On The Horizon". So while, technically speaking, it might not exactly make sense, blame somebody else, not Bono.

And stop overanalyzing, for Christ's sake, you know what it's supposed to mean: No limitations.

I'd like for you to find out who invented that phrase. All google and wikipedia inquiries come back Bono.

And no, it does not mean no limitations. Bono would like you to believe something like that, I'm sure. His sappiness has no limitations, undoubtedly.

It's clear what "no line on the horizon" means. It means "no line where there normally is a line where the ocean ends and the sky begins in the distance from the viewpoint of a person looking out."

Exactly. You also nailed "from the viewpoint of a person looking out". It's clear that Bono's looking at the horizon and astoundingly declares that there is no line on it. The horizon is a line, you blooming idiot! Why do I make a big deal of it? Because this is your supposed master lyricist whom most people here worship, attempting to be poetic but ending up like Neil Armstrong (let's go with the popular belief that the first man on the moon didn't say 'a man').

Maybe this line is a metaphor for something or other, but in order to be a metaphor, the phrase has to make sense literally as well. If that rule doesn't apply, then all of us could be poets and lyricists.

The horizon is a line, you blooming idiot!

Wow, dense and rude...

It's pretty obvious to everyone else, a horizon isn't always necessarily line, why is this so hard for you to get? The colors of the earth and the sky could easily blur forming no distinguishable line, yet the horizon still exists. The actual ancient greek defintion which the word horizon comes from describes it as the APPARENT line where the earth and sky meet.

It just seems like you are taking this far too literal in order to troll around... everyone else gets it.

Just like most other topics on this board.

Do you like Houston, TX? I have been there many times for business. It gets very humid there, no? LOLZ! MONKEY!!!

I remember in Superman II when Zod and that chick and that mute dude landed on Earth, they landed in Houtson, and Zod called it "Planet Hoo-ston"!!!! Then a boy called Zod "Mister" and the woman from Krypton said "he's the general!" and the boy said "please mister general, put my Daddy down"!! That made me ROFL cos it all happened on Planet Hoo-ston!!!!

roflcopter.gif

Bonochick has had to post numerous warnings in this thread. While we try to be fair and not close threads hastily, I feel this one has gone on long enough. There is nothing wrong with debate and opinionated discussion, but when threads evolve into too much bickering its time to move on.

*edit* poster says he was referring to Bono as an idiot not another member, but I still feel this thread should stay closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom