U2 needs to look up the word 'horizon'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen his lyrics.

Oh so you're gonna bash his new song based on lyrics from the past? :huh:

I think his songwriting has gone down a bit as well lately but I'm not gonna judge a song before it is even released! At least give the song a chance! :laugh:

Unless... did you get a preview of the new song already??? ZOMG!!!1 :corn:

Actually, if you can't see a line, then there is NO horizon. A horizon is the visible line. No visible line = no horizon.

if it's not visible to you does that mean it's not visible to others? someone's gonna see it.... which means the horizon exists. in this sense, there is "no line" on the horizon. only it would sound even more ridiculous were it "no horizon on the horizon."

now you can surely counter this will an equally valid argument. that's the problem with semantics, there's always room to elaborate/contort.

so, why not let it be?
wait, how can you let something Be if by being it already Is? can you prevent something from being? ie let it not be? no, because it still Is. hmmm, another awful album title! gadzooks! ya fucked up McCartney!

see? pointless

There's a difference between being truly gifted and being an overachiever. Bono is the latter and always has been, in terms of songwriting. Nowadays, he simply tries too hard. Luckily, he has fans like you.

ahh....."fans like you"........

let's face it folks, the days of supporting Bono or U2 and looking credible are over.

So if I can't see the starving African kids, does that mean there are no African kids starving? No starving African Kids = I'd like my money back, please.

I'll start a "Two Campaign" with you to save mortgages for soccer moms. Interested?

BEST POST EVAH!!!

:applaud::lmao: :laugh::lol:

beav, I think ur onto something here...:up:

Well, I thought so, but apparently it's two different things. I phale. :sigh:

I'll start a "Two Campaign" with you to save mortgages for soccer moms. Interested?

I'm intrigued. How much do I get paid? Do I need to do anything? I'd rather high pay for little work, k?

Maybe instead of the title reading basically 'no line on the line' it is a reference to the loss of American innocence.

From Hands That Built America

"It’s early fall, there’s a cloud on the New York skyline
Innocence dragged across a yellow line"

The yellow line is the horizon. Maybe Bono is saying innocence was pulled away by September 11th and now he can't see that innocence at all. With his views on torture and such you could see why he might say that. He could actually be saying that terrorism dragged innocence from America but that now instead of that innocence being a memorial and symbol for America it has been let go in favor of foreign wars and torture.

ho·ri·zon:
The visible line at which the sky and Earth appear to meet.
The apparent junction of earth and sky.

Given this definition, the title 'NO LINE on the Horizon' is the latest evidence that points to Bono's seriously declining songwriting skills.

The title could refer to something obscuring the view on the horizon. Obscuring the line. I'll just assume you're being silly with this post, otherwise, you are officially disqualified.

ho·ri·zon:

Given this definition, the title 'NO LINE on the Horizon' is the latest evidence that points to Bono's seriously declining songwriting skills.

Damm dude! I just threw up a little in my mouth when I read your umm dumb (for lack of a better word) post!

ho·ri·zon:

OH MY GOD.
You're totally right. I knew there was something fishy about that song.
They should definitely start from scratch.

I guess you are joking, but when we're on the topic. Wasn't this "no line on the horizon" an irish expression for something that happens there once in a while? I think I remember Bono talking about a nature phenomenon? I might be way off.

I guess you are joking, but when we're on the topic. Wasn't this "no line on the horizon" an irish expression for something that happens there once in a while? I think I remember Bono talking about a nature phenomenon? I might be way off.

i also recall what you are talking about so I don't think you are way off.

Maybe, and I'm just going to throw this out there...

Maybe he said that because every single person not furiously looking it up in the dictionary understands exactly what he's trying to convey by saying "no line on the horizon."

Honestly, this thread is kind of absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom