U2 (Minus Bono) playing in NYC Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if this tour will begin without Bono. If he's still hooked up to a breathing machine, how is he going to belt out In A Little While in a few months? Plus, with Leo now in the picture, I'm betting that if Bono recovers, he'll be spending a lot more time in Chile.

How old is Leo? I wonder if this is all just preparation for Bono letting his son take over on vocals? And it will solidify their standing in South America, since things aren't going too well here in the U.S. anymore.

And clearly Larry has given us a hint that he's close to handing off his sticks to Aaron Elvis Mullen.

I think we're going to have a Wolfgang Van Halen situation on our hands sooner than we think.

I'm lazy and don't ride so maybe that's why I can't relate. In normal situations I would understand the comparison to a normal day to day life, but a singer about to do a bunch of events in the weeks to come? Something like this could have been avoided. I'm not holding anything against him honestly. Just find it surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I've been riding ever since I was about 4 years old, and never had any bike related injuries. So yea.... it's not a dangerous activity, it's just healthy and normal... unless you are the unlucky sap that gets into an accident.

There's no sane reason why he should not have been on that bike. At all.

I'm lazy and don't ride so maybe that's why I can't relate. In normal situations I would understand the comparison to a normal day to day life, but a singer about to do a bunch of events in the weeks to come? Something like this could have been avoided. I'm not holding anything against him honestly. Just find it surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I would agree if he was doing some downhill mountain biking,he was in central park! It was obviously a very freak accident to cause these injuries.

Sent from my HTC One using U2 Interference mobile app

he was in central park!

Sent from my HTC One using U2 Interference mobile app

I've been walking Central Park/singing after dark/people say I'm crazy/I've been stumbling on my feet/shuffling through the street/people ask me "What's the matter with you boy?"

OK so for once and fucking for all, because there just seems to be dolts all around on this one...

This is the Central Park bike loop

New_York_Central_Park_10K_loop.GIF

Elevation-Profile-of-full-6.1-Mile-Central-Park-Loop.png

The elevation drops at certain parts of the loop are quite steep. Avid bikers on street bicycles can easily exceed 40 and even 50 miles per hour.

It's not overly dangerous if you know what you're doing and take the proper precautions (helmet), but accidents do happen all the time, and if they just happen to occur in the wrong place, where the speeds are very fast, people can get seriously injured. A couple of people a year die on the Central Park bike loop. Two people have died since the summer. One was a pedestrian who wasn't paying attention and stepped into the bike lane and got hit, the other wasn't wearing a helmet.

Small percentage, considering millions use it... but it does happen.

bikecrash2.jpg

This is not, for many, a leisurely jaunt in the gentle pastures. Bono certainly seems like an avid biker. He was likely going quite fast.

And on to the second group of dolts... There was nothing fucking wrong with what he was doing. While it can be dangerous, and yes, life threatening, those types of accidents are incredibly uncommon. The guy was just trying to cycle his fat ass back into shape for the tour and got cut off by some douche on a CitiBike.

Now let's all get back to praying for his quick recovery from that coma.

Actually Chris and Bruce did an okay job. It obviously was a glorified karaoke fest where the singers are closing their eyes and imagining that they are Bono but there wasn't anything horrendously bad. Definitely miss Bono.

:lol:
i doubt that Bruce imagined himself as bono.
He's Brooooooooce !:D

Just watched it and i thought it was as good as it could be.

Chris martin sung the songs like chris martin sings,not the way Bono sings and i thought he did a good job. He didnt try and be Bono.

Bruce again put his own stamp on streets and his version of ishfwilf was as good as always.

Good job overall i thought.didnt compare to Bono though

I beleive Bruce has sung Streets before but i might be wrong!

Loved his versions

but hey Bono is Bono and I'll be quite happy when he is fit again to be singing and running around on stage etc! :hyper:

I wonder if this tour will begin without Bono. If he's still hooked up to a breathing machine, how is he going to belt out In A Little While in a few months? Plus, with Leo now in the picture, I'm betting that if Bono recovers, he'll be spending a lot more time in Chile.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I've heard he will be strapped to a wheel chair and sing through a computer, Steven Hawking-style. I could picture him cruising up and down "the shaft". Kinda brings a tear to my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom