U2:DUALS Update?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
During the organ intro, while they played it on the JT & R&H tours, Larry played over the intro click clacking his drumsticks 5 times, then hit the hi hat along to the 6/8th rhythm. That's my favourite bit about live Streets, it really builds up the tension.

Checking my bootlegs it's also done on the ZooTv-Vertigo tours. I just miss it this tour. And on the album/Single versions.

Isn't that the same thing I hear on the Rose Bowl bootleg? I can't hear a difference. :hmm:

During the organ intro, while they played it on the JT & R&H tours, Larry played over the intro click clacking his drumsticks 5 times, then hit the hi hat along to the 6/8th rhythm. That's my favourite bit about live Streets, it really builds up the tension.

Checking my bootlegs it's also done on the ZooTv-Vertigo tours. I just miss it this tour. And on the album/Single versions.
i definitely remember hearing that this tour leg. i agree, it's crazy. probably my favourite part about it on zoo tv because you feel shit getting ready to go crazy.

Isn't that the same thing I hear on the Rose Bowl bootleg? I can't hear a difference. :hmm:

i definitely remember hearing that this tour leg. i agree, it's crazy. probably my favourite part about it on zoo tv because you feel shit getting ready to go crazy.

Hm now I'm checking my bootleg and Rose Bowl DOES have it. While neither Brussels shows does. Nor San Sebastian, Helsinki 2 or Hannover. Amsterdam 2009 doesn't have it either.

:crack: Now I'm confused!

It hasn't been played at any of my EU 2010 or 2009 bootlegs. :crack: So perhaps he only did it for the dvd recording? I'm off to youtube damnit.

Barcelona opening night 2009: Click Clacks!
Milan 09: Click Clacks!
*Paris 09: Nothing.
Nice 09: Click Clacks.
Berlin 09: Nothing.
*Amsterdam 09: Nothing.
*Dublin 09: Nothing.
Goteborg 09: Nothing.

London 09: Click Clacks.
Cardiff 09, final show: Click clacks!

EU 2010 shows: nothing.

Melbourne: Nothing.

:lol: Ok, it seems to be pretty damn random. Thanks Lardence, you didn't play them precisely at every show I've seen sofar! :sad:

*leaves for the things I hate about this tour thread* :angry:

Hmm, don't know what to think about this version of streets. Liked the African vibe during Vertigo, but I think it's time has passed. Kind of over it. I give is a c+

Hmm, don't know what to think about this version of streets. Liked the African vibe during Vertigo, but I think it's time has passed. Kind of over it. I give is a c+

I think it's a better fit with Streets over Vertigo actually.

I think it's pretty sweet. This is what U2.com should be doing more often - throw out some stuff like this every once in a while to subscribers - not just when the annual subscriber 'gift' is late. It's not some ultra-rare item, but it's unique and a nice little extra to have in the collection.

No reason U2.com couldn't throw out live tracks, etc a few times a year....

This Streets/Soweto Choir thing is nothing more than a bootleg mash-up, mixing a pre-recorded song with some choir overdubs. I'm unimpressed and it feels kinda lazy (since I'm very familiar with this version without the choir).

If it were a real performance with the band and choir together (ala New Voices of Freedom Still Haven't Found) I might be more impressed.

I was a little surprised to find this was on here too, because I was also thinking more about actual "duets" but then the title is "duals", not duets, so I guess I wasn't thinking about it in the correct terms. The name Duals does fit this sort of track fine. Depending on how many actual tracks we get, I don't have a problem with this one being on there.

Hey...at least the Streets version is one we don't have already!! No fun getting a cd or 2 of all songs we have now!

So you don't dislike duets, just duets which don't fit into your very limited music taste.

Indeed, I do have very limited music tastes, from Fiona Apple to System of a down.....

And yes, I'm sorry if I am shocking you once again, I highly dislike hip-hop and nowadays' popstars who just make a hit because they show half-naked girls in their video clips or have an MTV career because they can "sing" 2 notes in a row. Yeah, I hate it.

You have another question?

Indeed, I do have very limited music tastes, from Fiona Apple to System of a down.....

And yes, I'm sorry if I am shocking you once again, I highly dislike hip-hop and nowadays' popstars who just make a hit because they show half-naked girls in their video clips or have an MTV career because they can "sing" 2 notes in a row. Yeah, I hate it.

You have another question?

BVS thinks Interference is a perpetual debate tournament; don't let it get to you.

When did they perform Love Will Tear Us Apart with Arcade Fire???

I seemed to have missed that....and Arcade Fire is becoming one of my new favorite bands!

:drool:

Alicia Keys only has a career because she shows shows half naked girls and can sing two notes... :lol:

Hi Rachel:wave:

That is a good exception, indeed....even though I will never buy anything from her. But 90% of what's on MTV right now is pure "soup".
Anyway, music is evolving I guess, but I don't like the way it's turning into.

Can I subscribe to whatever version of MTV it is you have that actually plays any music? I'll take that over shit reality programming any day.

MTV probably does have a reality show about soup now, for all I know/care. It can be a robot in its spare time and throw folding chairs at its white trash neighbors.

But there probably wouldn't be any music involved, no. Aqua Teen Hunger Force can keep all of that.

Back
Top Bottom