[U2.com] In London, Shooting A Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super Yo

New Yorker
In London, Shooting A Video

Larry, Edge, Bono and Adam were holed up in a warehouse on the outskirts of London yesterday, shooting a video with director Alex Courtes.

Performing a brand new song, the band worked on the shoot from late morning till late night, the elegantly mustachioed Courtes directing proceedings on the green stage.

We are sworn to secrecy on the finer details of the shoot... but there may have been some marching girls, with their boots on, involved.

Courtes last worked with the band - with Martin Fougerol - on the video for City of Blinding Lights in 2005. And their work on 'Vertigo' won them the Grammy for 'Best Short Form Video'. That was the first single release from 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'...

More as we get it... !

:up: First single video ?

"but there may have been some marching girls, with their boots on, involved."

Sexy boots ?

well if they're filming a video for a new single, and it's been officialy announced as such on u2.com, i think we can expect an announcement within the next couple of weeks.

i'm still highly suspect of any song named "sexy boots," but i suppose i will have to listen to it first, because deciding wether or not a song is good based upon the title alone is a sign that one has lost their F'ing mind.

So, Get Your Boots On is the first single, eh? (the hint in the text: "with their boots on"). Marching girls involved? :huh:

Great that they're doing a video, that means that the single release might be closer than we think, but beach clip 3 is the one that I'm least excited for.

I wish it would be called "Sexy Boots," but it will probably be called "Get On Your Boots" or whatever. Looks like they're going with the "rocker" lead-off a la Beautiful Day and Vertigo, and even Discotheque. Well, maybe they always lead off like that...

You dont know baby you dont know baby you dont know...

:applaud:. Welcome you get the idea.

this is the sexiest news of the day.

girls? boots? marching? U2? moustaches? i like all these things.

With all this informations on boots or sexy boots or whatever maybe we'll get the new album with less serious approach and with more tongue and cheek stuff like Discothèque. That would be refreshing.

Just what I was thinking - U2.com actually doing it's job properly! Now there's progress...
As for Get On Your Boots... Must dig out my initial reaction to the beachclips:

#3 More attitude, VERY punchy, very loose melodically - as someone already said you can really hear the arabic influence. More wonderful harmonies. God Im just listening to it as I type, it really sweeps you up and pulls you along for the ride. Definite single material and streets ahead of Vertigo - much closer to EBTTRT

I liked the song, from the barely audible beach clip. From what I could tell, it has the "Green Tea" bass line, and a guitar line that's very similiar.

I love the "You don't know...." chorus though. Almost sounds Alice in Chains the way they sing it....then Bono comes in and makes it U2 again :)

I know a lot of people say it's the "Vertigo" of this album, and it may be, but I'll hold judgement off until I hear a clean sounding version.

great director - but what we heard from sexy boots - I really didn't like. Awful. I found this on youtube - that was the sexy boots riff:

a little bit faster:

really hoped for something less cheasy- :reject: :sad:

hoped for "Breathe"... the first version sounded great, deep, serious - would have been a good choice for the first single.

... so you are basing this judgment off barely audible beach clips and a couple of fan made clips off of youtube. :|

Yes!!! Actual news!!!! Wow!!!

not sure if i'm happy with which song they picked, but i'll be happy with anything at this point.

Sweet. Some real progress! This was probably my least favorite of the beach clips at first, but the more I listened to it and really tried to hear it as it might be with better sound quality, I'd say it's got some real potential to be a cool song. I think it'd be a great lead single. It will get people's attention and show the next phase of the band. It also will set this album apart from the last two albums.

Sweet. Some real progress! This was probably my least favorite of the beach clips at first, but the more I listened to it and really tried to hear it as it might be with better sound quality, I'd say it's got some real potential to be a cool song. I think it'd be a great lead single. It will get people's attention and show the next phase of the band. It also will set this album apart from the last two albums.

that i will agree with. it may end up being the song with the least depth or substance on the new album, but at least it does sound pretty rad and different.

Good choice for a first single, I liked the layered and harmonic vocals in the beach clip, can't wait to hear what it sounds like when the song is released. Btw, I think "Sexy Boots" would still be a great title, very cheeky, playful, but I'm pretty sure it's "Get on your boots", because Edge has mentioned that song title.

great director - but what we heard from sexy boots - I really didn't like. Awful. I found this on youtube - that was the sexy boots riff:

Would I be right in saying that these youtube clips are all you've heard of the song? Because unlike with Vertigo, for Get On Your Boots the riff isn't basically the only hook for the whole song, it's definitely a more complex piece of music more driven by Bono's voice with great vocal harmony sections and really loose and exciting guitar pyrotechnics from Edge all over the place. That riff is more rhythmic than anything else. I hope it hasn't changed too much since the beach clips because I think it's brilliant! Put it like this - it's the kind of song where when they play it live, Bono will be playing that basic riff while Edge could really go mental improvising stuff. Can't wait!!!

Back
Top Bottom