[U2.com] In London, Shooting A Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the wonky grammar of Get On Your Boots makes me wonder whether it's implying Come On Your Boots

I got some money in my pocket, I got the car keys in my hand
I got myself a couple of tickets, to see a rock 'n' rollin' band
Come on girl just get on your shoes, we're gonna hear some sou-ou-ounds
Come on babe you know there ain't no time to mess around (round, round, round, round)

I think that's the only other time I've heard the term.

I got some money in my pocket, I got the car keys in my hand
I got myself a couple of tickets, to see a rock 'n' rollin' band
Come on girl just get on your shoes, we're gonna hear some sou-ou-ounds
Come on babe you know there ain't no time to mess around (round, round, round, round)

I think that's the only other time I've heard the term.

Meet the forthcoming tour's snippetry!

I agree, which is why I think the lead-off single has to represent the album in some fashion..

I don't think the primary job of a lead single is merely to "represent" a new album or the sounds more than it is to drum up excitement and interest in the band and the album to drive sales. I think U2 have pretty much stayed consistent to that formula. Showcasing new sounds is important, but in the end it all comes down to getting that album into the top of the charts.

In contrast, as powerful of a song as "One" is, IMO, it stands out a bit from the album. It does belong on AB, as its theme blends, but musically, it stands apart. As a result, having "One" as a lead single for AB might not have worked.

Agreed. While WOWY worked in a sense to take U2 to that new dark dramatic level and showcase their ability to compose such music...releasing ONE as the first song would actually have gone against the idea of "cutting down the Joshua Tree". It was too similar in a way to WOWY. The Fly on the other hand sounded nothing like anything U2 had done before, which is what they were ultimately after.

So in that sense, it's not whether the song is slow or fast, but if it is catchy and a good representative of the album. This appears to be the best strategy.

Yes. I would also add: whether or not it'll make people want to go buy another U2 album. Because lets be real here, album sales matter...and singles help set the tone for those sales.

hahahahahaha!

Is that a couple steps below monkey shit and ape shit?

I'm going to have to use that.

Way better then any of that other shit man, way better... :up::wink:

Oh and major respect for not having succumbed to the temptation of listening to the beach clips - there's no way I could have excercised that level of self control...

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

the beach clips were shit anyhow... no offence to those who tapped them but you could barley hear anything :down:

Complete waste of time...

WRONG!!!

Mess with the eq. a little (like cutting most of the bass) and you can hear them quite clearly. I'm beginning to think I'll miss the sound of the waves when the real thing is released though!

Way better then any of that other shit man, way better... :up::wink:

Oh and major respect for not having succumbed to the temptation of listening to the beach clips - there's no way I could have excercised that level of self control...

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Thanks man, I've been itching like a fat kid rolling in poison ivy searching for a donut to hear those clips. I heard the leaks during ATYCLB and HTDAAB but told myself that I'd wait till the actual stuff comes out so I get the full monty of sounds and nuances.

I hope I'll be surprised. I'm trying to be mellow with my expectations, but I do expect some pretty good stuff. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait....I think it will.

WRONG!!!

Mess with the eq. a little (like cutting most of the bass) and you can hear them quite clearly. I'm beginning to think I'll miss the sound of the waves when the real thing is released though!

meh, I don't have the patience to fiddle with equalizers and volume levels to hear some song that may never see the light of day...

^^^yeah
alot of background noise + it sounded so far away

but :up: for those who tried

meh, I don't have the patience to fiddle with equalizers and volume levels to hear some song that may never see the light of day...

Obviously you don't know what you're missing then! :ohmy:

Even if the songs are never released (or unrecognizable when they are) I'll still be listening to these clips for the sheer enjoyment of it for years to come. Two of them are BY FAR my most played tracks on iTunes since September - They are that good...

If the album is likely to be called No Line on the Horizon, and that's the title of the song they had most hyped up, its surprising they would pick Get On Your Boots as the single to sell it with initially.

If the album is likely to be called No Line on the Horizon, and that's the title of the song they had most hyped up, its surprising they would pick Get On Your Boots as the single to sell it with initially.

wasn't there a rumor that there are two videos? maybe if it's a double album, U2 will a Smashing Pumpkins and release 2 singles at the same time (SP released "Bullet" and "1979")

With all this informations on boots or sexy boots or whatever maybe we'll get the new album with less serious approach and with more tongue and cheek stuff like Discothèque. That would be refreshing.

Bono dressed as a Policeman! Died and gone to heaven :drool: :evil:

wasn't there a rumor that there are two videos? maybe if it's a double album, U2 will a Smashing Pumpkins and release 2 singles at the same time (SP released "Bullet" and "1979")

Thats the rumor that was on the board about a month or so ago. I think it would be smart. It would be an easy way for them to test the market with two different singles instead of choosing between two potentially different sounding songs.

Thats the rumor that was on the board about a month or so ago. I think it would be smart. It would be an easy way for them to test the market with two different singles instead of choosing between two potentially different sounding songs.

NLOTH/Get On Your Boots sounds about right, based on what we've heard.

Back
Top Bottom