[U2.com] In London, Shooting A Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the most exciting thing we can take away from this news is the fact that they are not just sitting around until the holidays are over, but are hard at work getting things ready for the release. I think that bodes well for a February album.

I AM however a bit disappointed if it turns out to be beach clip 3. That is easily my least favorite of the clips. To much in the vein of Elevation and Vertigo. I was hoping they would try to shock us again with all this talk of innovation and reinvention. Decent song, but a little too same ol', same ol'.

I am so excited. I love this beach clip!

Would anyone else have liked it if clip 1 would have been the lead single though? It would have been a really different sound from the last 3 albums lead singles. Dark, interesting and very different. Really signals a career change, and would have been very well recieved.

Evan go as far back as The Fly. They seem to lead off with songs written to be "singles". ABOY fell flat as a second single (3rd in some areas). It seems to me that this could be a second single in the way Stuck was, Beautiful Day was like "wow, this is great, new direction, great tune" and Stuck sort of felt like the progression, and once you heard it, you were hooked on the album.

Track one would draw in new fans, and not the 13 year old kids that vertigo did. THEN GOYB could raise it to the next level, where people go "hang on, its not just a one-song album"

Anyway, stoked about the news, as long as its soon I dont care!

who the fuck cares which beach clip this video is from the fact that they are finishing up a video for a new song means we will get something soon! :love:

people already bitching about the song is just pitiful be happy we are getting something... sheesh :tsk:

who the fuck cares which beach clip this video is from the fact that they are finishing up a video for a new song means we will get something soon! :love:

people already bitching about the song is just pitiful be happy we are getting something... sheesh :tsk:

I wasn't bitching about the song...

Read my post. I was discussing options and then said that I was stoked...

What am i supposed to do, engage in mindless internet backslapping because we have a song? I am happy, but am also free to express my opinion about which song I feel would be abetter lead off single.

sheeesh

I wasn't bitching about the song...

Read my post. I was discussing options and then said that I was stoked...

What am i supposed to do, engage in mindless internet backslapping because we have a song? I am happy, but am also free to express my opinion about which song I feel would be abetter lead off single.

sheeesh

i wasn't referring to you in particular. :huh: Chill out ok...

Well I would have preferred "Breathe" (if that's the name of beach clip 2) but I'm sure they will pull off something awesome and I think we should all just be damn ecstatic that it's finally (ALMOST) here!!!

From the beach clips it sounds like there is going to be some great stuff on NLOTH and I'M SOOOO EXCITED!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I am so excited. I love this beach clip!...
Would anyone else have liked it if clip 1 would have been the lead single though? It would have been a really different sound from the last 3 albums lead singles. Dark, interesting and very different. Really signals a career change, and would have been very well recieved.

Oh I'd LOVE it if clip #1 was the lead single. It just sounds so otherworldly, it'd be like absolutely nothing else out there at the moment...

Get On Your Boots is a good choice too though - I can really see it taking over the airwaves completely when it's released... Does anyone else think that it's got something of that that EBTTRT energy and momentum to it that just sweeps you up and spits you out at the end!

Just had a thought - there's nothing at all on the U2.com article to suggest that this new video they are shooting is for the FIRST single....:hmm:

Could we all be jumping the gun a bit! And is it just me or is U2.com being very playful and mischevious with these little announcements on top of the video clips... Could be a classic case of misdirection! Maybe...:ohmy:

I think U2.com alluding coyly to the title is a sign it could be the first single.

Get on your boots may have changed a lot since the beach clip demos, but although it has a whiff of Vertigo or ABOY the rythm is much more complex, a bit like the congas version of "Blow your house down" from the AB demos.

It may not be long now before we hear it...

Santiago

I agree, this might or might not be the first single.

There's still that Corbjin video... I mean, Corbjin is still a big deal. I can't see them shooting something with him in Spain for "DVD filler" or anything like that. It seems likely that they have had a video, or at least the makings of a video, tucked away for some time now.

Still, I think Get On Your Boots, even if similar to Vertigo in terms of being a riff-driven, fun single, would redefine U2 to some extent. It's been too long since that tongue-in-cheek tone has reared its head; I'm ready for the U2 that's better than the ridiculous rockers at making ridiculous rock music.

On the other hand, I tend to treasure songs like Clip #1 and that chorus is unbelievable even at Beach Clip quality:drool::drool:

You know what, give me any of the Beach Clips as Single #1. Any of them. Showstopping single and classic track guaranteed.
:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Get On Your Boots, Sexy Boots, or any similar title would be the stupidest song title U2 have ever used. And this is the daft band that has called songs Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses ("gonna"? Yes, Bono, we know you're illiterate), The Playboy Mansion, If You Wear That Velvet Dress, and Love And Peace Or Else.

If that does prove to be the title, let's just hope it's a good song to compensate.

I agree, this might or might not be the first single.

There's still that Corbjin video... I mean, Corbjin is still a big deal. I can't see them shooting something with him in Spain for "DVD filler" or anything like that. It seems likely that they have had a video, or at least the makings of a video, tucked away for some time now.

Still, I think Get On Your Boots, even if similar to Vertigo in terms of being a riff-driven, fun single, would redefine U2 to some extent. It's been too long since that tongue-in-cheek tone has reared its head; I'm ready for the U2 that's better than the ridiculous rockers at making ridiculous rock music.

On the other hand, I tend to treasure songs like Clip #1 and that chorus is unbelievable even at Beach Clip quality:drool::drool:

You know what, give me any of the Beach Clips as Single #1. Any of them. Showstopping single and classic track guaranteed.
:hyper::hyper::hyper:

yep... I am right there with you on this.. :up:

Get On Your Boots, Sexy Boots, or any similar title would be the stupidest song title U2 have ever used. And this is the daft band that has called songs Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses ("gonna"? Yes, Bono, we know you're illiterate), The Playboy Mansion, If You Wear That Velvet Dress, and Love And Peace Or Else.

If that does prove to be the title, let's just hope it's a good song to compensate.

There are three things about U2 that I'm utterly confident about:

1. They will never let will.i.am produce one of their albums.

2. They will never name one of their songs "Sexy Boots".

3. They will never release a true double album. Ever.

There are three things about U2 that I'm utterly confident about:

1. They will never let will.i.am produce one of their albums.

2. They will never name one of their songs "Sexy Boots".

3. They will never release a true double album. Ever.

I do recall another poster had a similar degree of confidence prior to HTDAAB that U2 would never call a song Fast Cars.

(Though I have always agreed with #2 and said that even if there is a "Boots" title, it's not going to be Sexy Boots. Shame that Get On Your Boots is still just as dreadful.)

Aside from the insinuation that we may very well have a new single and video in the coming weeks, one other cool tidbit from this announcement is that it shows that people up there in U2Land are indeed putting stuff out there for the hardcore fans. Why? Only we nuts have read the Edge article where he mentions the GOYB title, and only the diehards have downloaded the beachclips (which they know we have) and have debated over the lyrics.

If they weren't putting this out as a nice little clue to their diehard fans, the coy little line "but there may have been some marching girls involved. With their boots on" would've been a waste. It's rather deliberate.

U2 can barely put together one album's worth of songs that they are totally happy with so a double album is just out of the question...out of the 50 or 60 songs they supposedly recorded, they'll pare it down to a solid 12 at most.

the beach clip leads me to believe that the boots song is definitely not as conventional as Vertigo but it still sounds like something the record company would pressure them to put out first. i wonder what the execs said when they first heard "The Fly" . now that is the most kick ass lead off single i've ever heard.

Aside from the insinuation that we may very well have a new single and video in the coming weeks, one other cool tidbit from this announcement is that it shows that people up there in U2Land are indeed putting stuff out there for the hardcore fans. Why? Only we nuts have read the Edge article where he mentions the GOYB title, and only the diehards have downloaded the beachclips (which they know we have) and have debated over the lyrics.

If they weren't putting this out as a nice little clue to their diehard fans, the coy little line "but there may have been some marching girls involved. With their boots on" would've been a waste. It's rather deliberate.

Don't you know, U2 & U2.com are the devil, never speak of them in a positive light. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom