U2 & Oasis on Comic Relief Top of the Pops Special! - 13th March at 02 Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadForIt

Refugee
Good Stuff

I'll be trying to get tickets!

Latest Oasis News With stopcryingyourheartout.com: Oasis And U2 To Play The 02 Arena At The Largest 'Top Of The Pops' Ever

BBC Press Release
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2009/wk10/fri.shtml

On BBC Two Friday 13 March 10pm, Comic Relief spreads the music love with a special one-off edition of Top Of The Pops.

Fearne Cotton will introduce both songs when she hosts the biggest ever Top of the Pops show in front of 15,000 people at London’s O2 Arena.

Joined by a host of comics to present an incredible live show, including performances from Oasis, U2 and, once again, Rob Brydon and Ruth Jones, giving another rendition of their Comic Relief single.

I thought someone said earlier that U2 recorded their bit for Comic Relief while at the Beeb over the last couple of days? Must have got their wires crossed.

Interesting, since U2 recorded GOYB for Comic Relief after being taped for Jonathan Ross yesterday. Perhaps it will just be shown on onstage screens at the O2 Arena on 13/03; they've done similar things in the past.

EDIT: Axver beat me to it!

U2's contribution is apparently a pre-recorded performance of GOYB. When they were recording for the Jonathan Ross show I believe that they did a second version of GOYB that would be used for Comic Relief.

DAMN!

I hope U2 turn up - loads of people will be watching that show as Comic Releif gets over 10 million viewers which is good for the UK

I know Oasis are free in their touring schedule so they should be there - I thought Comic Relief (charity and all that) would be U2's home turf.

Here is more from another Press Release

Oasis will be performing 'Falling Down' on a live edition of Top of the Pops for Comic Relief. The programme will be broadcast live as part of the Comic Relief evening on Friday 13th March. Others set to perform include Franz Ferdinand and U2

Yeh a crappy u2 pre-recording it was

Oasis (noel) was amazing - falling down! what a tune!

James Morrison was also good

Franz were shit as always

Should have taken this opportunity to play Magnificent. Better for them in terms of promotion, and probably a more appropriate song for Comic Relief.

I didn't think it was a bad performance.

they missed out as on the back of their performance Oasis are doing well in the singles chart

a lazy get on your boots performance will have done jack all

i do wonder if "they" (that will be u2's advisers) engage their brains at times. I too thought it was an excellent opportunity to move on from boots and unleash Magnificent on the populus.

Back
Top Bottom