U2:18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
From atu2.com:

NEW @U2 PSST ... WANNA KNOW THE 'BEST OF' ALBUM NAME?
October 03, 2006
posted by: m2

Universal Music's UK branch has registered four domain names that seem to give away the name of the just-announced "best of" album. The four names registered on Monday are:

U218.com
U218.net
U2eighteen.com
U2eighteen.net

That, plus the fact that the album will have 16 previously released tracks and two new songs, would appear to give away the name of the new collection.

image1kz4.gif

U2:18? Maybe U2 are just trying to recapture their youth and the 16 "old" tracks will be the Boy album plus Boy/Girl, Another Day, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, Touch, and Things To Make And Do. It fits perfectly. :wink:

Axver said:
U2:18? Maybe U2 are just trying to recapture their youth and the 16 "old" tracks will be the Boy album plus Boy/Girl, Another Day, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, Touch, and Things To Make And Do. It fits perfectly. :wink:

That would be nice.....all the old forgotten one off singles and b sides on CD for the first time....

I never thought of this genius idea^^^. It would be cool if the theme of this new greatest hits package ties in w/ U2 by U2...they could include rarities and overlooked tracks from their early days. If anything, I just want to know what the album art will look like, because I'm drawn to that stuff...:drool:

My god people sure like to complain just about everything in here! First ALOT not all ofcourse but alot of people are complaining to death about U2 releasing a best of. I bet you wouldn't have complained if they didnt release anything at all! and your still getting 1 new song! WHat is there to complain about?? 1 new song is better then nothing being released at all! secondly I see some people already complaining about the name OMG just give it up. It seems like some people don't even like U2 because they hate everything that U2 does! Grrrrr

It's "18", so we complain because it's short and not creative; but if it was "The best of U2" we would've complained because it was a knockoff of the other Best Of's; and if it was "The amazing compilation of the ethereal collection of U2 hits" we would've cringed because it follows ATYCLB and HTDAAB, with its long titles.

Now let's start a thread cringing because Bono is called Bono, The Edge isn't "Mad Scientist" and U2 isn't called "The Larry Mullen Band".

U2:18 is nice because this way they avoid calling it "U2's Greatest Hits" (to dispell thoughts of no more future albums) or "The Definitive U2" (just to ease ponkine's ulcer), but to also show that they can count (so that people can still fulfill their need to call them "moneygrubbing bastards" who do nothing but count their millions).

Utoo said:
U2:18 is nice because this way they avoid calling it "U2's Greatest Hits" (to dispell thoughts of no more future albums) or "The Definitive U2" (just to ease ponkine's ulcer), but to also show that they can count (so that people can still fulfill their need to call them "moneygrubbing bastards" who do nothing but count their millions).

:lol:

I like U2:18 even though it reminds me of Moby. :wink:

btw, Canadiens I can't see that pic! red x! :scream:

At least it doesn't need an acronym. I was thinking it might be called

The Current Best or Rather Greatest Hits
TCBRGH

Eighteen.....two syllables....maybe that post-grammy interview "what a mouthful" comment actually made them think.

thelaj said:
At least it doesn't need an acronym. I was thinking it might be called

The Current Best or Rather Greatest Hits
TCBRGH

Eighteen.....two syllables....maybe that post-grammy interview "what a mouthful" comment actually made them think.
:giggle:

billboard is talking about "de luxe" edition or something like that - if they put 3cd+s of live recordings from 1977 untill today they would redeem themselves in my eyes :) :drool:

My thoughts on the deluxe version (although by now, U2 and Dodge have taught me to have real low expectations):
*2nd CD with the best of live
*2nd CD with gooood B-sides (Summer Rain, etc.)
*DVD with the extended version of "One day in the life of The Edge"
*DVD with them working in Abbey Road with Green Day during the recording of "The Saints".
*DVD with some other kind of documentary comprising Music Rising and/or One.

Number 3 and 4 sound surprisingly cool... but then, that might not be what happens. :wink:

Marko said:
billboard is talking about "de luxe" edition or something like that - if they put 3cd+s of live recordings from 1977 untill today they would redeem themselves in my eyes :) :drool:

:up: One live recording would suit me fine. Maybe the deluxe edition will include remixes :drool: or better yet b-sides :drool: :drool:

They could take the exact same classic 16 songs from side A and put them on side B in the same order, recorded live from the best live performance collected. Maybe even add a song or two on this bonus that won't be on the A side.

A live "Bad" from Vertigo Tour with mastered sound. :drool:

Roland of Gilead said:
They could take the exact same classic 16 songs from side A and put them on side B in the same order, recorded live from the best live performance collected. Maybe even add a song or two on this bonus that won't be on the A side.

A live "Bad" from Vertigo Tour with mastered sound. :drool:

A live version of instant karma please! :drool:
(Okay it is a cover song... but it was a hit with me! :lol: )

How about greatest live tracks all in one album...could be a direction instead of a compilation of the 80's and 90's best of. just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom