Tracklist announcement timing? - Tracklist Speculation/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think Unknown Caller could be an awesome first track? I think the Moroccan bird song intro would be pretty cool and set the tone for something different (and it seems this would make more sense at the beginning of the album than somewhere in the middle). It would also be a nice change of pace from all the post-Zooropa albums which like to kick things off in high gear.

It'd be a bold move, but it could give the album a pretty different feel right off the bat.

^ Sounds good to me. I really think they need to start off the album differently than just having a fast song at the beginning. Keane's Under the Iron Sea comes to mind as an album with a atmospheric intro that works. I'd like to see U2 try that for a change.

Wearing guyliner and recording pop songs with will.i.am isn't fucking up the mainstream. It IS the mainstream.

But it is different from what U2 normally do with is what you all want, they're experimenting with their sound and turning into a Hip Hop Emo band, and it's all because we kept telling them to do something new :wink:

with the speed that most people type at these days i still don't understand the reason behind acronyms for a simple title like no line on the horizion. woooo that took a whole 2 seconds to type. oh no, let me save time and go NLOTH. hey that took the same 2 seconds! oh my god!

bah.

I'm really excited to hear the new song "W" , and I think "M" sounds kind of cool. "UC" should probably be the first single, but we'll wait and see. :wink:

with the speed that most people type at these days i still don't understand the reason behind acronyms for a simple title like no line on the horizion. woooo that took a whole 2 seconds to type. oh no, let me save time and go NLOTH. hey that took the same 2 seconds! oh my god!

bah.

You got the bah, but forgot the humbug.

Merry Christmas!

The more I read about the new cd the more confused that I am about the songs.

There are ten songs listed in the Q article, but nothing about 'cedars of lebanon', 'one bird', or 'for your love'. Are these still in the running, maybe they have been re-titled...who knows?

I seriously hope these make it onto the disc, or atleast make some type of release. "The Cedars Of Lebanon" was the track I was looking forward to the most. Edge playing in the style of Hendrix :drool:

I don't think the HTDAAB leftovers will make it onto the disc; from what we've been hearing about the album, it doesn't seem like the songs would be a good fit. Maybe we'll see those in another "Unreleased and Rare" or a HTDAAB Remaster in a couple years.

Hopefully those rumors about the album being 15 tracks are true, or the Anton Corbijn film containing additional songs. All of the tracks seem really interesting.

Cedars and FYL are probably being kept secret because they'll be the big weapons when NLOTH comes out.

^ Sounds good to me. I really think they need to start off the album differently than just having a fast song at the beginning. Keane's Under the Iron Sea comes to mind as an album with a atmospheric intro that works. I'd like to see U2 try that for a change.

They used to------UF, JT, and Zooropa started off with some impressive soundscapes. I think that sort of opener tends to work best. "Opener" is what sprang to mind when they started talking about birds starting off a track. :yes: Anyone who's heard the Beatles Love album (the Cirque du Soleil show soundtrack) knows that this can be done in quite the :drool:-inspiring way!

I think "Magnificent" would be a great opener for this album. Judging from the beach clip it can really set the mood for whatever follows, and it would definitely be better than another "fast rock song" to start off with.

I find Only Love, For Your Love, and One Bird to be poor track titles. I much prefer what I've heard from Q.

are you ok if i say that:
- BC 1 is "unknown caller" (also "jaming fez" on youtube)
- BC 2 is "breathe" (also "walk out into the street " on youtube)
- BC 3 is "get your boots on"
- BC 4 is "magnificent"

Well....if Bono ever appears in public with a big blue stripe across his eyes then I might give Stipe some credit.

Just thought Bono's friend and contemporary is a more likely influence. I'm pretty sure Ol' Stipey's worn eyeliner in a variety of styles over the years. And he wrote "Crush with Eyeliner" when Flowers was still having wet dreams about being in the Pet Shop Boys.

Just thought Bono's friend and contemporary is a more likely influence. I'm pretty sure Ol' Stipey's worn eyeliner in a variety of styles over the years. And he wrote "Crush with Eyeliner" when Flowers was still having wet dreams about being in the Pet Shop Boys.

Stipe and REM don't quite get the credit they deserve for a lot of things.

I think "Magnificent" would be a great opener for this album. Judging from the beach clip it can really set the mood for whatever follows, and it would definitely be better than another "fast rock song" to start off with.

Especially if you could hear nothing but Bonos voice echoing in the silence:

only loooove! ooonnlly love! :drool:

then in comes flaming edge and his legendary atmospheric guitar,Larrys piercing drums and of course, adam giving the song depth and beat.

[Speculation] 12 tracks and running order NLOTH

This is the running order of the tracks the way u2tour.de reports it:

01. Get On Your Boots
02. Breathe
03. No Line On The Horizon
04. Stand Up (Comedy)
05. Unknown Caller
06. Magnificent
07. Crazy Tonight
08. Moment Of Surrender
09. Winter
10. Every Breaking Wave
11. Cedars Of Lebanon
12. Tripoli (UK Special Track?)

U2TOUR.DE - No Line On The Horizon - U2 Album 2009, Single, DVD, Tour, U2 Vertigo Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom