Those in the UK: Is the new video still on TV tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim

Refugee
I SKY+'ed it earlier in the week and have come home today to see that it's no longer on my record list and I can't find it in the schedules.. has it been removed??

Thanks Ramblin Rose! great video - still I'm keen to have it on TV (as opposed to laptop) and bizzarely it still seems to have completely disappeared from the ITV schedule on my telly..

I just checked my Sky guide and it's gone :| It was definitely there last night, too.

Its still showing on itv.com? is it not coming up on the TV guide on sky?

i hope they are still showing it :(, why would they take it off :|

the transmission has been delayed on the irish independent, so i presume that they will put the premiere back.

i bet they are having problems with clearance over some of the images, hence the GETTY watermark on the leaked one...

Independence says video has been delayed and they are awaiting a statement by U2 or Universal. It's speculated that it might have to do something with copyright issues (the Getty images?). The video that's floating around now is called a "demo version" by many. Let's wait and see. I hope they don't change the current video, it's awsome. At least we have that one in the meantime, there's so much to see there.

Yup, it's definately disappeared from my Sky+ planner. Universal say it isn't finished yet so that makes the album and the GOYB video that are still uncompleted !!

From @u2.com

UPDATE: NO 'BOOTS' TODAY
January 30, 2009
posted by: m2/sherry

UPDATE: According to the Irish Independent's site, "Delivery of the video for U2's new single, 'Get on Your Boots', has been delayed. We are waiting for a new premiere date from the band and their record company. More details will follow."

UPDATE #2: Mark Crossingham of Universal Music Ireland says: "The video is going really well but unfortunately it just wasn't finished in time for the premiere today. Alex Courtes is an amazing director and we can assure you that it will be well worth the wait." Meanwhile, the video somehow leaked and has been all over fan sites and forums today. The version of Vimeo has been removed, but an audio-free version is still on YouTube at the moment. We have a couple screenshots on our blog that may explain why the video was delayed.

Back
Top Bottom