This made me laugh...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Needle_Chill

War Child
U2 throw out a year's work

by Sympatico/MSN music staff
U2 have been working on their new album, but weren't happy with it.

It's been more than a year, but U2 just weren't happy with their work. So they tossed everything and decided to start over.

The album, their 15th studio album since Boy, is their follow-up album to How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, which was released in 2004. Guitarist The Edge told Cmumusic.com, "We went into this project allowing ourselves the indulgence of making music without thinking about where it was going to end up. We're starting to get serious now."

I don't see how they could have miscontstrued this so terribly, I laughed out loud when I read it. I'll think twice about reading these blurbs from MSN from now on... what a joke show.

Is this for real? I hate to let these kinds of threads go on if they're just rumors.

Anyone heard anything official?

Jeez, why are there so many threads about this stupid article? This article is not from any kind of remotely official source, and the article it quotes to back it up is actually about how they're on-track with progress!

In Band News from HQ, somebody posted news directly from Sam on how they're getting near to completion, and are on track right now for a November release.

I think we should disregard this as rumor for sure, as it has no evidence and seems to contradict everything stated from official/reliable sources.

Sicy said:
Is this for real? I hate to let these kinds of threads go on if they're just rumors.

Anyone heard anything official?

no sicy, it's a load of crap that they took out of context from a recent Edge interview. In fact, they took one sentence from it and made assumptions from there...

here's what was posted at atu2.com

NOTHING IS BEING 'SCRAPPED'
April 26, 2008
posted by: m2

(Warning: Rant ahead that belongs on the blog, but needs the exposure
of the home page.)

The Internet is a great place to get news, but there are too many news
sources that don't have a clue what they're doing. You've no doubt
seen reports around the Interwebz that U2 is "scrapping" all their
work on the new album to start from scratch. Except there's no quote
from the band to support that.

It began with this article <http://www.contactm usic.com/ news.nsf/ article/u2% 20scrap%20work% 20and%20start% 20again_1066774
> on ContactMusic, with a quote from Edge attributed to CMUmusic.com
(a web site that doesn't even exist). The actual quote was given to
the Associated Press, and can be read on U2.com. <http://www.u2. com/news/ index.php? mode=full& news_id=2220
> Edge says nothing about starting over.

The only thing Edge says is, "We're starting to get serious now."
ContactMusic (and many others) took that quote and jumped to the
conclusion that all of the previous work is being scrapped. Mighty
huge jump, and not one any of us should make with them.

I wish U2 would deny the article, I think that would help us all sleep a bit better at night :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom