This is the best U2 album since......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Achtung baby--and that is not to say I do not like the ones in between--but this is next level stuff

Achtung Baby

but ive said that about every u2 since atyclb. Time will tell but this album is so good at the moment

I'm not sure yet if I like it more than No Line. If so, then Pop.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Too early to say, and then there's Songs of Experience (the Use your illusion sequel) which will have a factor in how the themes come together. I think it's the best since Achtung Baby but I have to give it more time. The lyrics are really strong on this new album.

NLOTH. Doesn't excite or connect with me even after multiple listens like NLOTH did after its very first. But I am enjoying it very much!

That album excluded, I would probably say best since Zooropa. Didn't care for Pop, and it leaps over both 00's outputs. Solid LP.

For those asking about clipping/brickwalling

Most definitely some, not as bad as HTDAAB or some parts of NLOTH (non vinyl versions)

TIWYCRM sounds worse to me than a 10, will listen to it on a decent system when I get home.

Album details - Dynamic Range Database

Achtung Baby . . . They were trying too hard in the 2000s. POP could've used this production team. This is a pleasant surprise. I think it will get a huge reception, especially after today and the promise of a mirrored follow-up.

The best ever! I like that U2 have ripped off Arcade Fires No Cars Go and Dire Straits so Far Away on the same album.

Back
Top Bottom