They're in the studio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, who knows if this is true. Supposedly, Bono just said no recording for a week. Maybe Adam just didn't want t to give any information to the fans.

Or maybe they have already finished the new album?!

last unicorn said:

That's what I thought.

Without getting too excited, could they be ready for a March release?? :hmm:

last unicorn said:

I think the far more likely scenario is that they're in no hurry to finish it, as it seems they've already done a fair bit of substance (such as in Morocco) and thus have a good deal of material. After all, why rush when it's not going to come out until the fourth quarter of next year?

Axver said:

it seems they've already done a fair bit of substance (such as in Morocco) and thus have a good deal of material.

And if this is indeed the first time they've met with E/L since Morocco, they could have easily spent recent days reviewing, mixing, and tinkering with the stuff they already have. Funny that we were all expecting the sessions to start now since Lanois had some concert dates in the last few days, but I guess he's been flying in and out as needed. Man, he's like Batman.
batman.gif

In "U2 by U2" Paul McGuinness says something like "For a band of U2's stature, it's ridiculous to release an album anytime but the 4th quarter." So, I wouldn't expect the next album until September (at the absolute earliest) but more likely November.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
so we're making threads that link to other threads now?

I thought that was pretty nifty as well, I think we should have a thread that takes us through a tour of the whole forum...:drool:

i never would have found out about this hadn't that thread been linked to this forum though

:up:

I was hoping they would get (at least) another week of work in there before the new year
but alas

Wasn't the Fez thing just a songwriting session? I imagine they recorded some demos, but...

I mean, isn't it possible that they've got the songs written but nothing really even recorded yet?

last unicorn said:
Well, who knows if this is true. Supposedly, Bono just said no recording for a week.

Yes but "Adam said no more recordings till next year". All that talk about them getting back in the studio in November for a week or so of work until the next year ?

Given the the source is PLEBA I don't think that many people that frequent this subforum would have seen this news. But why drop the complaints and sarcasm now ?

Not complaining, I never complain. Actually, I think it may very well be true, as I said in the other thread/forum. Just because they don't go back to the studio doesn't mean they're not working on songs. And someone was saying they won't be recording in HQ at all, so who knows?

Salome said:
i never would have found out about this hadn't that thread been linked to this forum though

well that of course goes back to the old argument that the band meetings and sightings forum shouldn't be in PLEBA, because there are those who are interested in meetings and sightings yet don't need to debate over which of bono's haircuts has been the sexiest.

Maybe Adam said there would be no more recording to get everybody to leave them alone?

ahittle said:
Wasn't the Fez thing just a songwriting session? I imagine they recorded some demos, but...

I mean, isn't it possible that they've got the songs written but nothing really even recorded yet?

It supposedly was just that, and its very possible they havent started recording what they think may be versions that make an actual album yet.

I just cant believe there are still people thinking there will be a new U2 album this year. Are you kidding me? ;)

There wont be a new "U2" album until late fall next year at the earliest.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

well that of course goes back to the old argument that the band meetings and sightings forum shouldn't be in PLEBA, because there are those who are interested in meetings and sightings yet don't need to debate over which of bono's haircuts has been the sexiest.

That's because PLEBANs are the only ones who really deserve to meet the band.

;)

Blue Room said:

It supposedly was just that, and its very possible they havent started recording what they think may be versions that make an actual album yet.

I just cant believe there are still people thinking there will be a new U2 album this year. Are you kidding me? ;)

There wont be a new "U2" album until late fall next year at the earliest.
The point is there could be one in early 2008 already if they just would get together and do some recording. ;)

But as said i also expect one late 2008.

popbcn said:
As they ended on Friday, the studio staff was like packing a lot of things and leaving them prepared in the parking area of the studio. I left but it looked like they were taking a lot of stuff out of HQ.

I heard they were moving back to Abbey Rd. Not sure when they'll start recording there, but I guess we'll hear when they're spotted.

i don't see the big deal. We're almost in December! "Not recording until next year" is not that bad.

Maybe Adam said it because they are taking December off, you know...the holiday season. Be with their families? I don't see the big deal.

It's good news. Eno/Lanois are probably taking the stuff they did in Morrocco into the studio and seeing what they can put together.

ramblin rose said:

I heard they were moving back to Abbey Rd. Not sure when they'll start recording there, but I guess we'll hear when they're spotted.

Interesting. I thought they only went there for a week last year, with Rubin.

Abbey Road+Eno+Lanois... :ohmy:

schnumi said:
The point is there could be one in early 2008 already if they just would get together and do some recording. ;)

But as said i also expect one late 2008.

U2 have known they were going to release their album in fall of 2008 for many years. It's part of a big plan they devised after Popmart was a failure, and they realized that success has to be precisely calculated. They assembled the best team of industry people to ensure that what has happened in the last seven years would happen. The fact that they aren't in too big of a hurry to work on it is encouraging, actually. Maybe they are almost done with it, or at least well on their way, and they know they have another year until it has to be released, so why not take the holidays off? What's the hurry?

PS- I am aware that they say HTDAAB was supposed to be released in 2003, but they pushed it back to 2004. I am also aware that is all bullshit. They were just justifying why it took so long to release bomb.

Back
Top Bottom