There will also be a WITS album version.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GAGV

The Fly
(If this is a repost from one of the 1345 other WITS threads opened, please feel free to merge it or close it)

From @U2.com
"WINDOWS IN THE SKY - RADIO PROMO CD
November 09, 2006
posted by: m2

A day after releasing the song to radio digitally, Interscope today (Thursday) delivered a one-track promo CD to radio stations in N. America. The song is labeled as a "single version," which means the version on U2 18 is likely to be slightly different -- possibly longer than the 3:59 length of this track. Collectors will want to know that there's no cover, no catalog number -- just the CD in a jewel box with a white tray card showing song details. "

So, once again, I'm between buying the U2:18 deluxe CD or waiting to see if the single is a good single, like The Fly (Alex descends...) or Beautiful Day (Summer Rain, Always).

:hmm:
I'll wait to read the responses from people who will buy U218. (I assume what we heard is the single version)
If the album version is THAT much better I may budge. If not I wait calmly for the single and any possible B-sides.

I don't know why, but I've felt that the zip-up sound at the very end of the song was a sign that this was a radio edit. It just doesn't seem like a way that an album version would end for some reason.

A longer intro would be awesome. And to tack the intro onto the end of the song---that'd be killer. :combust:

Yeah, a longer intro would be great, plus the song does seem to end a bit abruptly. Longer version = :drool:

I want to hear Bono sing that line "love left a window in the skies" more times at the end.

I hope they keep the "zip-up" ending sound though... that ending is so weird/cool. The sound of someone getting pulled through the window before it shuts...

yup... it was

sing044-23.jpg

alb013-09.jpg

If this part:

Oh I know I hurt you and I made you cry
Did everything but murder but you and I
But love left a window in the skies
And to love I rhapsodize

was repeated or different lyrics but same style was added, that would be perfect, but I love it the way it already is.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
yup... it was

sing044-23.jpg

alb013-09.jpg

Well, it says Single Mix (and one CD single doesn't mention it), and I think that was just so people new it was the new mix rather than the old B-Side version.

In the case of WITS, it says Single Version, and since we don't have any other version, I'm betting there is a difference.

But the Sweetest Thing was called "Single Mix", and it was because of the original recording of the 80's, just that, and it makes sense.
Sooo... im having high hopes for this!!! i would looooove an album version. Im in love with the Window in the Skies... and i wanna marry her and have little windows with that beauty...
... I assume my beautiful children would end up looking like 30sec clips...

Last edited:
i just found an email in my junkmail inbox, and it was from a fellow interferencer with an attached "album" version

the final note of the song is held longer so its 4:07, and ive noticed some differences in the vocals....

It's virtually the same song - the ending lasts a few seconds longer, as indicated above.

But the vocals seem to be mixed slightly different. At the end, when Bono is singing "Oh can't you see what love has done?", it seems more upfront in the single version, and more blended in with the background vocals in the album one. For this reason alone, I think I prefer the single version.

:shrug:

I'm at work and don't have the file on my laptop, but if you go to any of the torrent sites, search for U218 Singles and download it.

If you still don't have it by tonight, I can send you a PM then.

majid23 said:
If this part:

Oh I know I hurt you and I made you cry
Did everything but murder but you and I
But love left a window in the skies
And to love I rhapsodize

was repeated or different lyrics but same style was added, that would be perfect, but I love it the way it already is.

agreed, extend this part.

and get rid of Bono's 'oh oh ohs'. Musically that part is just fine, but Bono could zip it and let us hear the music more. the oh oh ohs are annoying already and the song hasnt been played 1 million times on the radio yet. I dont see that holding up, hopefully Im wrong

The more I listen to WITS, the more I think Bono's voice in the chorus is very weak. The high parts strike me as being very amateurish, kind of like American Idol straining to get the note. Seems very forced and ragged.

Back
Top Bottom