The Thank You Eno For Album Version Of No Line On The Horizon Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I heard this track, I knew I was entering something very, very special. First listen, it's my favorite track on the album. Of course, the album still needs more listens.

I still haven't heard NLOTH2; it's going to be REALLY hard to top that album version.

then you haven't heard NLOTH 2..it tops it in spades :D

Sorry guys .. I really do prefer the NOLTH2 version:drool:
The NO .. LINE parts are indeed cool.
I like the drums more .... It sounds more complete to me.
I don't say i don't like the album version .....

And you forgot one thing

ADAM'S AMAZING BASS PLAYING IN VERSION 2 OF THIS SONG

sadly you don't hear it in the album version... buried in a wall of sound

shame really:down:

Album version over b-side version. :up:

Just more atmosphere in my opinion.

Album version over b-side version. :up:

Just more atmosphere in my opinion.

You're right there is more atmosphere in the album version..but there is enough atmosphere on the album as a whole that you could get away with the intro of version 1 right into version 2....I think version 1 just a little too cartoonish,especially that ending

Yeah, but I seem to like that. NLOTH 2 is more rock oriented in my opinion.

You're right there is more atmosphere in the album version..but there is enough atmosphere on the album as a whole that you could get away with the intro of version 1 right into version 2....I think version 1 just a little too cartoonish,especially that ending
u2 couldn't create atmosphere with 10,000 oxygen tanks

Last edited:
Maybe it's because I work with youth, but there are not enough words to express how much more I like NLOTH2 than the album version. There is ENERGY in NLOTH2 that's just lacking, IMO, in the album version. I jump up and dance with my two little boys (20 months and 7 years) when I hear NLOTH2, but I skip over the album version altogether. It's just so SLOWWWWWWW it puts me to sleep compared to the b-side. I know this is, by far, the minority opinion, but hey, it's mine. ;-)

PS: I played NLOTH2, Magnificent, UC and IGCIIDGCT on the house system during our high school youth ministry program on Friday night and the 100 or so kids in our group were really getting into it. Can't wait to take some of them to a show!

I like both versions. NLOTH2 is more dynamic, rockier, poppier, makes me jump up and dance around, also love the No! Line! part that's missing on the album version.

Album version is slower, more atmospheric, more a chill out song, a totally different mood. Bono's singing is better here, also the ooooohs fit better, IMO, like the certain darkness in this song. The album version is the more U2ish version of both songs.

Right now, I'm enjoying the album version more, but I also like the singles version. It depends on my mood which one I prefer. Both are great. :up:

Btw, I find it strange that some people said they hardly recognised Bono's voice on NLOTH 2. In fact I have always felt it sounded exactly like him. It's on the album version where he really sounds "strange" ... but in a good way. I really really like his voice there!

NLOTH2 is more dynamic

really? I feel COMPLETELY the opposite. It feels entirely the same throughout, and that's part of why I don't like it. Seriously, I began to worry about the album when I heard it. That's why I'm thanking Eno for the album version, because I love it. He saved the song for me. When NLOTH1 kicks in ... :drool:

really? I feel COMPLETELY the opposite. It feels entirely the same throughout, and that's part of why I don't like it. Seriously, I began to worry about the album when I heard it. That's why I'm thanking Eno for the album version, because I love it. He saved the song for me. When NLOTH1 kicks in ... :drool:

my exact feelings. on NLOTH1, the last minute is pure gold, and the pulsing sound throughout makes you really feel like you're about to enter an event.

Back
Top Bottom