The one change I would have made to make this the most complete U2 album I've heard.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi Salome :) do you like the new album?
what's there not to like?

I was confused about the excitement on this forum when How to dismantle ... was released

I am amused at the nitpicking on this forum now No line ... is about to be released

I have to say this thread is full of a lot of fail. I get a good laugh out of the people who act like they were in the studio with the band or better yet, inside their heads while they were composing the songs, ordering the songs, writing the liner notes, choosing the art work, etc.

Call me a yes-man, but I'm happy to accept the premise that the band probably knew best how to put the album together. Playing fantasy music producer is fun, but for me it just distracts from enjoying the album for what it is.

I have to say this thread is full of a lot of fail. I get a good laugh out of the people who act like they were in the studio with the band or better yet, inside their heads while they were composing the songs, ordering the songs, writing the liner notes, choosing the art work, etc.

Call me a yes-man, but I'm happy to accept the premise that the band probably knew best how to put the album together. Playing fantasy music producer is fun, but for me it just distracts from enjoying the album for what it is.

Yes-man!

U2 would be the first group of guys to tell you if they screwed something up on an album. They're obviously not perfect. If you love everything and believe it's the way it should be, then just take comfort in that and go to sleep. Otherwise, don't lecture others when they have a difference of opinion.

You are aware that Eno was against the omitting and inclusion of certain songs, right?

Otherwise, don't lecture others when they have a difference of opinion.
actually, I don't think he was lecturing anybody
just pointing out when you listen to an album for what it is, not for what you want it to be
when you're lucky those 2 things are the same, usually they're not

i tried listening to the album again and it just put me to sleep. after the 4th song i could take no more. maby im done with the boring new u2. also bono sounds like a fucking chain-smoker. ewwwww. he will not win any best vocal awards anytime soon.

flame in 1 2 3 ..........

not gonna flame you. if anything, i just feel sorry for you because you're unable to get past your prejudice against the U2 of this decade to actually recognize the great work of art that they just put out.

not gonna flame you. if anything, i just feel sorry for you because you're unable to get past your prejudice against the U2 of this decade to actually recognize the great work of art that they just put out.

Or he is just a troll :shrug:

ah.......somebody with sense :up:

the only song I skip now and then is Unknown Caller. Although very great musically, the lyrics/singing ruins it for me...

Furthermore, there are o-ooooooooooooooo and whoooooooooooaaaa o o o 's in almost every song!

Apart from these few critical notes, the album is amazing imo

Back
Top Bottom