The new songs news you've been waiting for...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't feel that way. It's like U2 broke up in 2001 and we just get a relapse every once in a very great long while.

It's been eleven years since 2001. Since then, they've toured and/or released albums in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, and 2011. That's six years of out eleven - a majority. If this range dates is 2001 inclusive, then it's seven out of twelve. They also released a little bit of new music in 2002.

I understand the frustration of having nothing to discuss now. But I think yours is an unfair characterization of their activity.

Well perhaps you should've been nicer then, if you didn't want people to be mean. :tsk:

Oh look, you got 39k posts. How glorious!

It's been eleven years since 2001. Since then, they've toured and/or released albums in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, and 2011. That's six years of out eleven - a majority. If this range dates is 2001 inclusive, then it's seven out of twelve. They also released a little bit of new music in 2002.

I understand the frustration of having nothing to discuss now. But I think yours is an unfair characterization of their activity.

In 11 years (and counting) we've had 2 albums. That's the bottom line, from my perspective. Tours are nice. Tours are fun, but the albums are what matter to me.

I didn't even notice my post count. Wow.

I'll be nicer from now on......no I won't, actually. It's too much fun being mean to the likes of you. :)

I'd try to stick to the thread topic, but, yeah.

I didn't even notice my post count. Wow.

I'll be nicer from now on......no I won't, actually. It's too much fun being mean to the likes of you. :)

I'd try to stick to the thread topic, but, yeah.

Yeah, as if you could ever be nice. :rolleyes:

There is no topic. We're a bunch of hopelessly lost fans still hanging on to something that's gone a while ago. One by one, we'll realise this and move on to other bands. Because there ain't a chance there'll be a new U2 album.

Nah, we'll just get a gazillion of Spiderman remakes with new songs. And the remixes, oh the remixes. It'll be worse than Pride. And Larry will make more movies, nobody will even remember Adam since he's gone off the radar a year or so ago. Bono and Edge will probably write their own musical at some point and become broadway's happiest couple.

Here's something for the speculators who like to speculate on tiny bits and snippets of random info. :hmm: A couple years ago we knew that U2 were recording stuff at Julian Lennon's house. It was 2010 and I think they mentioned it plus we saw the in studio photos taken by Julian Lennon. Today JL's photo site went up and I thought it interesting that we now see what he titled each photo.

This one of Bono is titled "Disheartened".

Disheartened2010JulianLennon.jpg

Anyway, thought that might be something for the Debbie Downers to run with. :wink:

And if you want to see all the photos they're here.
http://www.julianlennon-photography.com/collections/19

Here's something for the speculators who like to speculate on tiny bits and snippets of random info. :hmm: A couple years ago we knew that U2 were recording stuff at Julian Lennon's house. It was 2010 and I think they mentioned it plus we saw the in studio photos taken by Julian Lennon. Today JL's photo site went up and I thought it interesting that we now see what he titled each photo.

This one of Bono is titled "Disheartened".

Disheartened2010JulianLennon.jpg

Anyway, thought that might be something for the Debbie Downers to run with. :wink:

And if you want to see all the photos they're here.
U2 | Creative and Stunning Photography by Julian Lennon

That's the best pic I've seen of B in at least a few years - IMO.

Where are those pictures from?

It says in my post! ;) Julian Lennon's website of his own photography. The U2 pics were taken in a studio at his house I believe, immediately following Bono's back surgery so around the summer of 2010.

Bono is starting to vaguely resemble a 75-year old neighbour of mine.

What you have just described is the Paul McGuinness effect -- "We could release the album and please millions of long-suffering fans... or we could hold it back to the Sept. 2013 period and make an extra $6000 in sales!" (rubs palms together in glee)

Do you honestly believe that the only person in the u2 camp who wants to make money is Paul McGuinness? Is that some sort of crutch that some U2 fans desperately need to hang on to to make them feel better about the oodles and oodles of money the band makes? As if Saint Bono of O'Connell Street, he who's a founding partner of a giant fuck hedge fund, doesn't know what a marketing strategy or tax shelter is?

Back
Top Bottom