the new 'project', a digital release?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
ever think that the guys are planning on releasing the eno/lanois sessions as an internet only ep? their way of staying relevant in the new music industry... they've made clear that there's no plan for an album in the near future. and now that their contract is over with Island, perhaps they have a bit more freedom..

imagine if they just released 5 or 6 songs... without bothering with promotion, tours, etc. it'd be interesting!

I too doubt this. They're clearly laying the foundations for Original Soundtracks 2.

gareth brown said:
I too doubt this. They're clearly laying the foundations for Original Soundtracks 2.

Here's a question:

If they made Original Soundtracks 2, would the militant music snob wing stop bitching? :hmm:

Doubtful.

Utoo said:

Here's a question:

If they made Original Soundtracks 2, would the militant music snob wing stop bitching? :hmm:

Doubtful.

No, though it might be quiet while they feel out what the "cool " reaction to the music is.

on a related note I wonder how the Wilco fans are taking the volkswagon commercial they've lent their music to? I'll have to check out one of their forums

I wouldn't rule out a digital release of the soundtrack to U2 3D, but I don't think that's what they've been doing in Fez.

CPTLCTYGOOFBALL said:

on a related note I wonder how the Wilco fans are taking the volkswagon commercial they've lent their music to? I'll have to check out one of their forums

lots of bitching and moaning. wilco released a statement, that had a "whats the big deal, who cares feel to it." they also said we drive vws, think they are an ok company, so get over it.

i am a huge wilco fan, and have a passat- so i kind of like hearing them on vw commercials.

I don't understand why it's so awful to once in a while hear a song you like in a commercial. When Philips used The Beatles' It's Getting Better, it actually made me stop and watch the commerical for a change. :lol: I have no problems with the Vertigo Ipod ad. I haven't even seen it much or at all I think. I don't watch much TV these days. :shifty: Anyway, the music only makes the ad more interesting. :shrug:

As for the topic, I have no opinion on it. I wouldn't be surprised if they went digital or not.

So when do they formally announce that Daniel Lanois is the newest member of Passengers?

Dorian Gray said:
ever think that the guys are planning on releasing the eno/lanois sessions as an internet only ep? their way of staying relevant in the new music industry... they've made clear that there's no plan for an album in the near future. and now that their contract is over with Island, perhaps they have a bit more freedom..

imagine if they just released 5 or 6 songs... without bothering with promotion, tours, etc. it'd be interesting!

jeaysus :censored: christ ......... this would be my worst nightmare come true... :crack:

Vinyl biatches vinyl...........

U2's all about the tour.

Really, their studio stuff always pales in comparison to their live stuff, with very few exceptions.

If they don't wait till they get enough material to tour with, I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

I doubt this will happen though. They've rarely strayed from the Album-Tour combination.

Dorian Gray said:
they've made clear that there's no plan for an album in the near future.

except for the one they're recording right now...

*cough* Ahem...uh...sorry, did you hear something? I sure didn't. I didn't say anything either...just clearing my throat is all...

Carry on. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom