The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it's already top 20 on AAA radio and it just entered the Alternative format at #50. I think this song might do fairly well on radio.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

okay, i think i finally get this song. it's a lot of fun, and it reminds me of how I felt when I heard Discotheque for the first time.

anyone else get a bit of a Green Day vibe from this? in a good way, I happen to like Green Day at their best (American Idiot :heart: )

okay, i think i finally get this song. it's a lot of fun, and it reminds me of how I felt when I heard Discotheque for the first time.

anyone else get a bit of a Green Day vibe from this? in a good way, I happen to like Green Day at their best (American Idiot :heart: )

Actually I'm hearing more Fall Out Boy than Green Day, though I do hear some traces of, say, American Idiot. The Oh, Oh's sound like a FOB chorus...I dunno, I just really like this song...I like it a lot...:applaud:

Actually I'm hearing more Fall Out Boy than Green Day, though I do hear some traces of, say, American Idiot. The Oh, Oh's sound like a FOB chorus...I dunno, I just really like this song...I like it a lot...:applaud:

I like this track, it's in the middle or top middle on the album for me right now. But I feel like it may burn out quickly with the commercial running non stop on NFL and radio getting ahold of it now. Heard it on KROQ the top alternative station in LA yesterday. I guess I could see a trace of what you mean with the Fall Out Boy, but they are so fucking bad its scary to even mention them in relation to U2. Greenday on the other hand, there's a band I would say countless others are influenced by. That drummer is sick!

Love this track. Normally I'm not a big fan of U2 doing this sort of song but for some reason this one connects. Same with Volcano - not a huge fan of Vertigo or Elevation but I love Volcano.

It's obvious why you wouldn't like them. Elevation is a rewrite of Vertigo, which in turn, was a rewrite of GOYB!

*Time travel is fun! :D

Great song, good choice for a first single, has a Fall Out Boy sorta vibe/chorus, which is a good thing for the Millenials. I love stuttering guitar, Bono sings his ass off and the Rhythm Boys keep the song in the pocket. Great choice to start the album off...:up:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ the Fallout Boy comparison.

I'm bored stiff at work but reading this message board provides ample entertainment.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Im in Australia and havent heard 'The Miracle' on the radio yet. Should I expect to hear it soon?

Yup! :up: Definitely reminds me of Green Day and this song is such a funny little thing. It grows and grows until it becomes one of your fav songs! lol.

This isn't the California thread.

HA! :applaud:

Seriously, how is The Miracle the weakest song? I have about 6 that appeal to me far less. It's a great first single. If U2 follow this up with EBW, I think this album will do well overall. Sales cannot be compared due to the nature of the release, but U2 may generate some hit songs, which is good. :applaud:

Best thing about this U2 release is that there are really no weak songs...Some better than others yes...and yes I love the beach boy reference in CA.

I find this song meh. The chorus is weak...the build up is good but then.....it kinda drops off. The uh ohs are the only thing good on this song. I also think California would have made for a better first single.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom