The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it, but for me it's one of the weaker songs on the album. I like some things about the verses, not so sure about the chorus, and, yeah, the title is a bit cringeworthy :lol: But overall, the rest of the album which is, IMO, mainly very strong kind of makes up for this song.

It's definately growing on me and a hell of a lot better than goyb

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not cringeworthy, but far too docile for the lead single. I get the feeling the woohaaahhs were added in when they realized they weren't achieving take-off. The verses are far too wordy, but Edge does some pleasing stuff. 5.4/10

I love the fuzzed out guitar intro and woah-ohs, and then the verses feel like they are building to something great, then here comes the chorus . . . and fizzle. Sadly it just doesn't do it for me. It's still growing on me, but very glad that we got the whole album yesterday, otherwise I'd be a little bummed today.

It's kind of a remake of All Because Of You.

Like it musically but I wish Bono would tone his vocals down a bit. Way over done on the vocal front.

It will be good live.

As a song it is OK, as a starter for the album, I don't know ... as a first single? That won't work for "the masses" ... although many people will hear this song as it's used in the "Echoes" Apple Ad ... I don't see this song being received well by the ... "masses" (which U2 want to reach obviously)

For me "The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)" wants to be a cool rock song, but it is not .. to me at least. But I can live with it .. as I really like the complete album (for now .. after roughly 7 listens)

Great song ..a mix of live Elevation whoos and Live Vertigo hard strum from no one gets hurt....I love it.......Raw...Edge sounds really edgy.....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using U2 Interference mobile app

The only track I'm not 100% on. Still 10 out of 11 tracks isn't bad.

Having said that, it's listenable & does a good job of kicking things off.

The albums should have started at song 4, skip the first 3, and don't get me started with every breaking wave (the other one I don't even bother to mention it)...

This one gets better with each spin. going to be a monster live

Fun U2 - not something they traditionally do well (RE Elevation/Vertigo cringe factor).

U2 Live at Apple - YouTube

knowing the song now - it's safe to say they rocked this performance. on first watch on didn't know what to make of it.. it was exciting, but I was so nervous :)reject:) I didn't take any of it in...

This is growing on me a bit. Unlike Invisible, which hit hard, faded, and disappeared in a matter of 3 days. At least we're moving in the proper direction!

I was the first one to jump on GOYB for being a weak song. I had a wave of disappointment run down my spine... So flat, so uncool, so forced. That hasn't changed.

This time it's a good song, polished-up to be a shiny single. I connect with the feeling in the chorus, and I love the angry guitar. Rhythm section is tight, and even the 'oohs' seems pretty polished and controlled.

I am getting something from this song when I listen to it. Not Beautiful Day by any standard, but still a solid effort with an emotional hook.

Feel that the vocal melody is a bit too busy but it's a fun song and I'm pumped to hear it live and tuned live. Apple performance wasn't great.

anyone else still baffled this is the single?? it IS growing on me, and I think it works as an album opener, but to me it's still one of the weaker tracks on the album, and not nearly as immediate as, say, EBW or California (or Song for Someone, which I am still iffy on, but it has single written all over it). honestly i would release The Troubles as a single before The Miracle... though I'm not sure how much it matters since they gave 500 million people the entire album. kinda makes the lead single less important

anyone else still baffled this is the single?? it IS growing on me, and I think it works as an album opener, but to me it's still one of the weaker tracks on the album, and not nearly as immediate as, say, EBW or California (or Song for Someone, which I am still iffy on, but it has single written all over it). honestly i would release The Troubles as a single before The Miracle... though I'm not sure how much it matters since they gave 500 million people the entire album. kinda makes the lead single less important

Given they were introducing the album with a live performance in a high-energy environment - they made the right choice. Great chorus. Loud guitar. Easy for Bono to sing. Great energy.

Given they were introducing the album with a live performance in a high-energy environment - they made the right choice. Great chorus. Loud guitar. Easy for Bono to sing. Great energy.

This. The verdict's still out on where this could potentially rank among other singles from the past, but for these reasons... it would probably be the 'best' choice.

This is easily my favorite song. When I heard it at first I didn't know what to think. I think it's hard to judge it from a streaming event. I think hearing it in person is just going to be insane.:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom