The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If a band of old dudes, like say Train, shamelessly whores themselves out in an effort to sound young and hip, is that the alternative to dad rock? If so then I fucking love me some dad rock.

Hmmm.....that might fall under "Step-Dad Pop", I need to consult with someone on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I motion we ban the term "Dad rock"!

It's one of the dumbest/lamest terms out there.

The whole notion of "Dad Rock" can be torn apart by this:

Kid Rock is a dad, so when he records an album, are we to understand that Kid Rock is performing Dad Rock?

Boom!

Agreed. Bono was a dad during Zoo TV. John Lennon was a dad when he recorded Revolver and Sgt Pepper. Mick Jagger was a dad during Sticky fingers. Done with it.

U2 created something very special and unexpected with their new record.

But choosing a dad rock song like Miracle as a representative of the album... SUUUUUUCKS.

U2 created something very special and unexpected with their new record.

But choosing a dad rock song like Miracle as a representative of the album... SUUUUUUCKS.

dreamwork-trolls-580x377.jpg

breaking news... this song can't be saved. too many obligatory "ooooooh's and ahhhhhh's".

can we please close this thread? the discussion is over. this song blows ass.

nah, Cedarwood is great. The Miracle is the weakest track by far. Good that they get it out of the way early. Invisible should have opened the album though.

Invisible seems such an obvious (and correct) choice for the first song on SOI. It's simply bonkers that they went with Miracle.

For the love of God, he says "Father" and "Son" in the first verse! And What's on the album cover? Tell me! I know what's Not! Joey Ramone!!!

Invisible seems such an obvious (and correct) choice for the first song on SOI. It's simply bonkers that they went with Miracle.

:up::up::up:

I think they wanted it that way, but they changed their mind and postponed the release of the album in the very last moment when Invisible was already out.
Because there wasn´t a real reason to put out it as a standalone single, shoot awesome video, for Bono saying "it´s good to be back", etc.

:up::up::up:

I think they wanted it that way, but they changed their mind and postponed the release of the album in the very last moment when Invisible was already out.
Because there wasn´t a real reason to put out it as a standalone single, shoot awesome video, for Bono saying "it´s good to be back", etc.

I think also Edge noticed there weren't enough fun cockrockers for him to enjoy, so then Miracle and Volcano were born. (In my version of the truth, these songs came later; totally suits the indignant tone of my narrative)

Miracle is a fun song, it's the type of rock song they've been trying so hard to write. It's far better than Elevation, Boots, and Vertigo.

Miracle is a fun song, it's the type of rock song they've been trying so hard to write. It's far better than Elevation, Boots, and Vertigo.

Agreed- but it was the wrong choice for the lead single. With the huge stakes at play in the pursuit of staying relevant, this song was not the right way to regain their popularity. I could see it as a 4th or 5th single.... but not the lead single.

Back
Top Bottom