The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This song is ok. What's with the Elevation whoo hooos though?

"Am I missing something? WTF do the lyrics have to do with Joey??"

Seriously ??? The bands feelings about the Ramones and the inspiration they got from them in their early days is well documented.

What Sicy said , This thread can now close:wink: A little less Whooing would have done.

Not sure if they were going for a Ramones punk-ish sound, but I think they DID get a 70's vibe, but in more of a Sweet/T-Rex way than Ramones.

I fear this would be another GOYB had it been released as a lead single, therefore perhaps putting non die hards off purchasing the album.

However, given what's happened with this release, it's pretty much academic!

The lyrics are great...I love the way it describes the effect music can have on you.

Great track :drool:

First thing that came to mind was "Where have I heard this before?" Then I remembered "Angels Too Tied To The Ground."

I like the song but wish that the chorus at 1:15 had a few more twists. The chord progression just seems a bit toooooo happy. Needed a better "lift" to it. The rest of the song is great though.

Here is the cover for the single :)

U2_TheMiracleofJoeyRamone_single-cover.jpg~original

I like the song but wish that the chorus at 1:15 had a few more twists. The chord progression just seems a bit toooooo happy. Needed a better "lift" to it. The rest of the song is great though.

I know what you're saying. Overall though, I think it does work for the most part, and this should definitely be one of the songs that really takes off live.

The only track on the record I'm not keen totally sold on yet but it's growing on me. It works well as the opener though.

Will it be like a proper single release then? They cant release the single and expect people to pay for it when the whole albums for free so how will it work?

This song was the worse first singel they ever released... Do nothing for me :( To overproduced...

It works great for the advert though,which was probaly the reasoning for having it as the first single

"Am I missing something? WTF do the lyrics have to do with Joey??"

Seriously ??? The bands feelings about the Ramones and the inspiration they got from them in their early days is well documented.

Got it - thanks :) I was finally able to download the lyrics and it all made sense

I do like the studio version way more than the live version at the Apple event.

I do like the studio version way more than the live version at the Apple event.

I was a little underwhelmed by the Apple performance but I'm sure the song will work better when played at an actual U2 gig.

Are they really releasing this as the first single? Of all the songs to pick, this is the one? Bad move. Mainstream listeners don't know or care about Joey Ramone.

A kinda bland blend of Xanax & Wine, in my humble opinion. Works well as a starter, though.

It's average. I like it better than GOYB and Invisible. I'll leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom