The Milan Bonus DVD (This thread is not a request thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coach

War Child
Listening to the audio from the Bonus DVD I'm actually excited and sad. It's sounds way better than the stuff from chicago. And from the Amazon Preview the video appears to be equally awesome. And sad that we don't get Electric Co, Yahweh, Miracle Drug (with those really cool DNA visuals).

How can we start a petition to get this full DVD?

What does everyone else think?

I don't think petitiononline is such a good idea, I can make a custom petition webapplication (wouldn't be much work) to put on u2start.com or something.

We really should have all the fans sign it, I completely agree with you that they should release the whole thing. It's a bloody shame they release only 10 songs.

The rest of the concert will be on dvd for the ones who join u2.com

J_NP said:
The rest of the concert will be on dvd for the ones who join u2.com

I hope so. I was there that night. I studied in Italy last year for a semester, that was my last night in europe. I literally drove to the airport from the San Siro.

What a goodbye party.

OpperGoeroe said:
I don't think petitiononline is such a good idea, I can make a custom petition webapplication (wouldn't be much work) to put on u2start.com or something.

We really should have all the fans sign it, I completely agree with you that they should release the whole thing. It's a bloody shame they release only 10 songs.

that sounds like a good idea. we only need to collect a few million names and Paul McG. will smell the cash.

What makes you think a petition will have any effect on U2?

The band knows perfectly well that there's lots of hard core fans who would buy a Milan DVD.

But good luck collecting 'only few million' signatures. :D

u2boy_nl said:
What makes you think a petition will have any effect on U2?

The band knows perfectly well that there's lots of hard core fans who would buy a Milan DVD.

But good luck collecting 'only few million' signatures. :D
Well, it worked for the Slane Castle DVD. Though I'm not really sure it hasn't been released anyway, but the petition was a great success.

I think not only we hardcore fans deserve the whole thing, the whole world does. The Chicago DVD is not representative for the Vertigo tour IMHO, it's too weak.

coach said:
Listening to the audio from the Bonus DVD I'm actually excited and sad. It's sounds way better than the stuff from chicago. And from the Amazon Preview the video appears to be equally awesome. And sad that we don't get Electric Co, Yahweh, Miracle Drug (with those really cool DNA visuals).

How can we start a petition to get this full DVD?

What does everyone else think?

is it the same Miss Sarajevo as on the ABOY singel(first show) or is it from the second show?

OpperGoeroe said:

Well, it worked for the Slane Castle DVD. Though I'm not really sure it hasn't been released anyway, but the petition was a great success.

A). There was a petition and B). Slane was released.

Most people seem to assume that it was released because of a petition...

I haven't seen any evidence that a petition had anything to do the decision to release it.

From an interview with Ned O'Hanlon, about slane:

Q: You mentioned the idea of just doing it for the archive. Online, there were petitions started by fans in Europe and the petitions were presented to Universal. Did any of that play a role, in the end, of getting that released?

A: You know...I don't know. I certainly was aware that those petitions were there. I'd got word from some of the people who set up those petitions, who contacted me to say, "Listen, is this thing ever going to come out?" I could only respond with "I don't know. If it were up to me, definitely, but it's not up to me." I think that they [U2] were aware that there was a great deal of interest in the show, but I think it needed the time to pass from that moment because it was such a unique moment for the band. Enough time needed to pass for them to look at that in an objective way and say, "Is this something that we'd be interested in doing?" At the time they were so caught up with Bob's passing and all that that brought to bear on Bono particularly, and the other guys as a band. In the way these things work -- and this is just my own opinion -- those shows ended up being really extraordinarily special shows. The second show particularly, which is the show we shot, was a killer show. They were just really on their game. From a performance point of view, it was really great. So I think over time, they were able to look back and just say, "What was all that about?" And we finally did that about this time last year, and they went, "This isn't half-bad!" And so it went from there.

They were 'aware' of interest in Slane.

Of course the band knows that there's interest in a Milan DVD.

i think they'll only release it when they're really happy with the end result, like they were with Slane.

I don't think they are happy with Milan. (I thought there were technical problems during while filming, maybe that's a cause too)

We'll never see a full Milan DVD, they're not making that 3-d movie for nothing.

Re: Re: The Milan Bonus DVD (This thread is not a request thread)

Peterrrrr said:

is it the same Miss Sarajevo as on the ABOY singel(first show) or is it from the second show?
All the songs on U218 from Milan are from the second show, so it's not the same version.

u2boy_nl said:

I don't think they are happy with Milan. (I thought there were technical problems during while filming, maybe that's a cause too)

We'll never see a full Milan DVD, they're not making that 3-d movie for nothing.
Well, that's what I said, It would've been released anyway. And about the technical problems, the first 45 minutes of the first show weren't recorded, since many of the songs on U218 come from the first 45 minutes of the second show I don't think that was a problem.

Popmart and ZooTV were also recorded from one show, that's not a problem. To me it's actually better than the Chicago or Boston crap where you see Edge using different guitars on the same song or hear Bono singing and not see him singing. Or even better than Slane Castle where it's light, and then dark, and then light again. It's so full of amateurism all these shows that are recorded over multiple nights.

But, that's not the subject here, word is that we don't know exactly why the whole thing isn't released, and till then it's just guessing and that makes it more difficult to start a petition or something. Maybe they're holding it off for the U2.com subscribers for next year or whatever. The 3D film was coming anyway, even if Milan was satisfying enough for U2.

Back
Top Bottom