The "Irishteen Clips" *the first recordings of U2's new sound*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I am late to this party. Thanks so much U2 Neat, I can't hear that much but Edge is coming most clearly and he sounds great.

I do have to say that I approve of
U2_Neat said:
But we'll get them tomorrow... :)

and
Irishteen said:

So maybe I'll show up around 8:30 to 9 tomorrow and hopefully they have a schedule and we can get a recording

I could try using the laptop again and sending it straight to be cleaned up, and hopefully it will come out good
in hopes of a fan made version of Salome sessions, and I'm totally willing to put up a few bucks for
Irishteen said:
Okay people I'm going to bed now but for tomorrow what's the best recording software for me to use on my laptop? Oh and it has to be free unless you guys are sponsoring me and U2 Neat here :wink:

If Bono's vocals are anything to go by, this is indeed metal. :rockon:

:huh: Can't make out much of the music except for the solo.

Irishteen and U2 Neat, we are all in your debt. Hanover Quay is one of the bleakest places in Dublin, and to stand there for hours and come away with a few minutes of music is totally above and beyond the call of duty :bow:

It's weird, I can barely barely hear Bono's singing....from what I can hear, it sounds energized, but that's it...

Irishteen, or u2neat, i've something to ask.
A friend of mine will be in dublin in the next days. At which time did you catch the band? (midday, late evening of afternoon?)

thanks

Lara_Croft said:
A friend of mine will be in dublin in the next days. At which time did you catch the band? (midday, late evening of afternoon?)

thanks
I think from earlier in the thread, they said it was late evening. But I could be wrong :shrug:

U2_Neat said:
OK guys, i tried really hard but the quality is just crap, I wish I could do more. You can distinguish the vocal line, the chorus if you pay close attention, and edge's solo. The second half of the song sounds a bit better, but still, the quality is really bad.

I hope we can make a better recording tomorrow, if irishteen brings his laptop, and we get the people on the outside to be more quiet...

http://down load.you send it.com/4AE03E66113F55F4

The link isnt working anymore :(

Could anyone mail me :peterrrrrU2@hotmail.com
or upload it? :)

the 'new' sound of the edge seems to be influenced by KYUSS (Spaceship Landing, Catamaran, El Rodeo, Jumbo Blimb Jumbo etc.)

Last edited:
Ack!!! I have arrived at work two hours ago and I haven't started yet.

How can you concentrate with all this stuff to catch up with????

Irishteen and U2Neat:bow: :applaud: THANK YOU!

I haven't downloaded it yet because I'm at work. :huh:

Can't wait to hear it, though. I hope Bono doesn't scream too much on the finished tracks, because I don't want him to go "metal" vocally ... he just doesn't have the right voice for that, it would be such a waste.

You guys must have really good ears because I've listened to it tons of times, really trying to hear Bono's vocals, Edge's guitar, but I really just can't make it out at all. I can't even follow a melody. :(
I guess I need to wait for a clearer version. Thanks anyways for all the effort!

I was at HQ yesterday before U2_Neat and Irishteen arrived but had to leave to catch my flight home. I could of heard this. :drool:

Thanks for the clips U2_Neat and IrishTeen. :hyper:

Clips. :drool:

Thanksto Greety for reuploading it

Good luck if you go again today. :hug:

Last edited:
Hi guys, what clips do we have here, just the above nloth or are there clips recorded from before this?

If drums and bass are recorded first, would it be possible if they were recorded around, say, September last year?
Because that's when I heard music. There was no guitar or singing, just drums and bass.

I can't hear shit.

But thanks for the effort, guys. I really mean it.

Thanks so much guys for standing outside in the wind and cold for these clips! This is the first pre-album hype that I've really been into, and these clips made me that much more excited about the whole thing. Keep them coming!!!!!

p.s.: If I had a disposable income, private jet, and no school, I would so be right there with you, financial supporting your recording episodes in front of HQ!

Hannah

Lara_Croft said:

thanks

Apparently they arrived around mid-day

I got there around 3:30-4

Larry arrived around that time

An hour or so later Edge started playing those guitar parts, and that's all they played until 8:30

Around 9 they played NLOTH

And they left at midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom