The interference echo evening thread - U2 Perform Boots - Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The sound was very muffled in this performance. So far it has sounded best at The Brit awards...

The performance was good but the sound was off.

People who were there said it was so much better live. The TV broadcast totally screwed the sound up. They said the only part that didn't work out well was the let me in the sound part, the vocals were mixed terribly.

Shame Bono didn't take his glasses off, I thought that would be standard for GOYB performances now.

Great intro. :up:

Bono's voice became a little shaky from the second verse.

U2 were one of the few acts that actually performed mostly live. Even Depeche Mode were playback, as were most other performers that evening.

Overall terrible show, but good performance by U2. Still they have to work on that some more.

I saw Depeche Mode and the performance was good (the man is a very good perfomer) but the song wasn't doing it for me.

Actually, judging from the youtube version, I thought that was great, the best performance of GOYB so far.

I did not like the Grammys version or the Brits.

In this one Bono's voice was shot, but the performance and arrangement were great. I think the chorus finally worked live.

Looking forward to the tour!

That was great - it's really close to being nailed... Chorus was sounding good and the let me in the sound section was great apart from Bono going all out of breath at the end - he really should just sing it straight ahead without trying to mess around with the lyrics and the phrasing - really takes away it's power...

Yeah, Edge's guitar sounded excellent. A big, fat guitar riff. In Holland we can get ARD so I just put my television on 10 and it rocked the house (and my neighbours but the song is just a little over 3 minutes so I hope they didn't mind:reject:).

I watched in live on Tv last night and actually thought it was great. i was VERY impressed by the sound....(he he-maybe it was just the magic of Dallas who 'hid' on the stage)... Also enjoyed the camera work much more than during the Grammy's or Brits.

Good job guys!!

i dont know...they need to improve on this. it was good, but not great.

that song is still killer to me....after so many listens.

like that intro though

I was there last night,
bomb shelter, edge's side.
The sound in the venue was AWESOME,
the performance was even better than the one they did at the Brits,
where, btw, the sound was also much better on the venue than on the video.

That pisses me off.

This was the best performance of Boots so far...

And :down: to Depeche Mode lip syncing... that was shit.

Decent song, just obvious lip syncing...

Best performance of the song so far, but......

I really dislike the live version of the "You don't know how beautiful...etc." bit. There are parts where it's even pitchy to me on the album, and it doesn't sound to me like they're harmonizing at all when they do it live. That's the major Achilles heel of the song, IMO. Sounds great when done well, but sounds like shite when it's not.

I like DM but I think it's a shame they played 100% playback. So you can not compare their performance to U2's, who were live. I liked the DM song, but it's not really exciting, basically the same they've always done all over again.

Btw, listened to the album version of Boots yesterday and I must say I really love the song the way it sounds on the album. It's placed very well on the album and the version just rocks. U2 haven't been able to pull off the live version properly, which is a shame, because Boots is a great song. I am enjoying it more than Crazy Tonight, which, for me, is still the least interesting song on the album.

Back
Top Bottom