The interference echo evening thread - U2 Perform Boots - Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy:WOW!!!!! much better than the grammys and the brits!!! THis is the first live performance of boots that really sounds pretty much amazing!:applaud::applaud:

Better than the last 2 performances, I agree. But the song still needs alot of work to make it work live. Let me in the sound section could work really well if it was extended and more in your face. They may need more pre-taped background vocals throughout b/c the vocals live aren't doing the song justice.

I'm still pretty low on the live version of this song in general. I hope it works better during the tour and I pray they dont open the shows with it.

I cant wait for them to bust out Magnificent on BBC on Feb 27....they have been rehearsing it according to news accounts and I assume they'll do multiple songs on Radio One

The intro keeps getting better, and that was the best "let me in the sound" part so far. I'm not sold on Boots live completely though.

I actually like the one at the brits much better...although here they have improved the bridge...i still can't believe how much people dislike this song around these parts...imo its a great song both live and on the album...btw id be really surprised if they opened shows with this song when the tour rolls around...id rather see it kicking off first encore

Hrm... love the song, love the intro, but I can't help noticing how weak Bono's voice is in these live performances. Such a stark contrast to how strong it is on the album.

Hrm... love the song, love the intro, but I can't help noticing how weak Bono's voice is in these live performances. Such a stark contrast to how strong it is on the album.

He was rather out of breath at parts of this... but that issue was just that, I think. Your lungs have to be rather full to properly sing parts of it. His little scream sounded great today.

Also, this sounds a lot better on that 320kbps mp3 than on the web stream or on YouTube.

Dammit, these crappy television mixes. They the bass so loud, the drums sound muted, Bono's voice too loud, the Edge too soft, Edge's guitar in the chorus can barely be heard....

Is there a professional anywhere that can mix a live soundboard?

Dammit, these crappy television mixes. They the bass so loud, the drums sound muted, Bono's voice too loud, the Edge too soft, Edge's guitar in the chorus can barely be heard....

Is there a professional anywhere that can mix a live soundboard?

Really? I thought the mix was great...miles ahead of the Grammys performance...

so, that was badass. The ZooTV intro was :drool: :drool: :drool: i am VERY excited for this tour. band sounds great, looks great, Bono pulling his shirt down made me feel like a PLEBAn...

I'll have to check out the Brits one, but this one kicked ass compared to the Grammys, and I actually like the Grammys one.

Oh and awesome camerawork!! :up:

Where'd the bass go?

[Edit] Haha nevermind. Crappy speakers. Sounded decent! Although the 'Let me in the sound' part is still bugging me.

The 'let me in the sound' part still isn't what it should be.

Also, I feel like the melody and harmony in the chorus aren't what they are on the record. It sounds like Edge's vocal overpowers Bono's in the chorus and as a result the whole doesn't sound nearly as full as the studio version does.

Despite the kickass, ZooTV style intro, I'm still more into the Brits version.

much better, but yeah, the let me in the sound part needs work.

Maybe instead of having larry and edge support the vocal, they should just add an effect to Bono's mic so he sounds like 2 or 3 people. that way he won't be trying to sing it with the other two and whatever he says will sound cool, as long as he can keep the timing on his own. :shrug:

Damn, that's the best camerawork we've seen thus far.

I think the reason why the "let me in the sound" bridge doesn't sound as good is because the drum bit is mostly prerecorded.

Back
Top Bottom