The Image...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:no: no suits on stage, I think their image won't change, or just slightly. I'd like Bono to grow his hair a little, like on BD video and dyed red also Adam should do something to his hair again, I hate greys:madspit: .

Ok lets refrain from sarcastic remarks that don't really do anything as far as this thread goes...well they do interject some humor..but i think we have enough of that already :wink:

lets get specific, regardless of how confident we are or how accurate we are...at this point, what is your gut feeling? or perhaps, what would you like to see?

LETS HERE IT PEOPLE!

Okay. Specifics...

I can see them dressed up kind of like the vibe from the Mysterious Way video except they'll be wearing lighter colors, like a white with a pattern in it, in keeping with a middle eastern influence.

Bono could grow out his hair as long as it was back in the Joshua Tree days, wavy and flowing...

He'll never button his shirts beyond 2/3rds of the way up and wear necklaces in keeping with that sytle.

I think that their style will be bright and loud like the sun in the middle east...

I'd like to see them just as they are.. with out so much effort put into image. something along the lines of the pearl jam guys.. there're no pretensions there

Dorian Gray said:
I'd like to see them just as they are.. with out so much effort put into image. something along the lines of the pearl jam guys.. there're no pretensions there

interesting, then i guess zooTV was and still is a bit much for you eh?

Rob33 said:

interesting, then i guess zooTV was and still is a bit much for you eh?

at that time, I think it was perfect..

not to say they can't look stylish, but maybe something a little less preconceived?

I think the songs will be strong enough to stand on their own. The band will probably just play the songs the best they can. Hopefully Bono's voice will continue to improve and be stronger by 2008 so he can sing the songs passionately.

I think we're long past the days when the band would drastically change their appearance for tours.

If anything I think the presentation of the songs and stage setup will be used to help get the songs across more so than the band dressing and acting different than they normally are.

I hope Bono keeps keeps the short, dark cut he has now, and the simple red shades (Doesn't look half bad :))

Edge...should keep it classy

Larry...doesn't ever change (ever)...(LONGER HAIR DOESN'T COUNT)

Adam...he's a wild card...HE MAY HAVE PURPLE HAIR NOW FOR ALL WE KNOW (J.K)

BOTTOM LINE:
Bono needs to keep the hair simple (Please keep the hair simple B)

I predict Bono will wear shoes with several inches between the floor and his foot.

i predict they will show up in beach attire so they can go swimming in the ocean right after every show....

shaun vox said:
that "shaved head" look needs to go.
bono has 9 months to grow it back.
get a perm or something. DAM.

:no:

No man should have a perm unless they're a member of the Brady Bunch.

(and dude, learn how to spell your swear words. You're not talking about a beaver. :wink: )

is that you, U2Kitten?

shaun vox said:
that "shaved head" look needs to go.
bono has 9 months to grow it back.
get a perm or something. DAM.

Yes, because clearly what Bono needs to try out is the glam rock look.

:eyebrow:

Aaaanywho, I have the solution for Bono's new image, and the miracle device to give it to him:

flowbee.JPG

flowbee2.jpg

The 'stache is crucial to the look. :wink:

phillyfan26 said:
Bono's never really had a good haircut, now that I think about it.

Mostly it's too long (War, UF, JT/Lovetown, Elevation, Vertigo - with the exception of Zoo TV when his long hair actually worked) or too short (Pop, present).

I think now he should use the Beautiful day/Electrical storm haircut.

I'm not really expecting any drastic changes to the band's image. My gut feeling is that they'll stick to the same casual-rockstar look they've sported for the last two albums, with minor variations. Which is fine by me.

I don't know...from the sounds of it they're looking for another reinvention, which will probably include a makeover as well.
For example, Bono has been seen sporting a non-shades, short haired, Passengers era-type hat look. (see Union Chapel videos)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom