The "I have NLOTH CD/digipack/BOXset" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stop dissing on Paul. i have no doubt that the 4 members of u2 would've have had just as much involvement in the artistic control.

remember u2 always say:

- we are a band of 4 and a corporation of 5

Please, Boner and Lame Mullen probably agreed. It's just more fun to blame it all on McGuine$$$$.

I'm going to head out to Best Buy or Target on March 3rd. I hate living in the US and getting it later than everyone else.

Slip cover on the digi pack version, which comes in the BoX edition as well, looks so much better than thatpissweak sticker

I got my stanard edition 28 hours ago and my BoX about 4 hours ago.

oooh . . . did you order through jb or sanity? or get it some other :shifty: top secret way??

I picked up digipak in jb today, only $24 which I thought was a BARGAIN, and got email from jb today that the lush little boxy set has been shipped :applaud:

oooh . . . did you order through jb or sanity? or get it some other :shifty: top secret way??

Hehe, if you call walking into a humble JB HiFi in Brighton, grabbing a $120 box off the shelf, taking it to the counter and paying for it "top secret".... :wink: Very shifty!

They had about 7 or 8 of the boxes on display there, and a whole stand devoted to U2 releases in general.....was quite beautiful.

Hehe, if you call walking into a humble JB HiFi in Brighton, grabbing a $120 box off the shelf, taking it to the counter and paying for it "top secret".... :wink: Very shifty!

They had about 7 or 8 of the boxes on display there, and a whole stand devoted to U2 releases in general.....was quite beautiful.

I got mine at JB in Narre Warren, my local [Frankston] still hadn't got it in, so they lost a sale, the NW store didn't actually have any of the other formats displayed, only the standard release, i called beforehand to put the box set on hold, and was there waiting "under the counter job" - that sounds shifty:D....

Got the boxset today! OH so good!!!
Also grabbed the vynil... just looked too good to pass by.
And also grabbed the standard CD yesterday....:hmm:

Anyways, cool thing about the = is:
Standard Cd. Sticker with = in silver
Digipack, which comes with box set, clear slip case with = in a 'pearl' finish
Vynil, the = is pressed in on the clear slip cover and is slightly frosted
all three look great. Just got fucking bubbles all over my standard cd sticker :mad:

OMGOMGOMG!!!!!
Just got the boxset, the booklet in digipack version is totally different than standard CD, it's very "POP", you'll know what I mean when you see it.
The book is awesome :drool:, lots and lots of text/conversation (with C. Owens) to read and many, many great photos of the band, PLEBA will go crazy over this :lol:
The poster is great, too.
What's strange is that I don't see any bonus track on digipack, but I'll check the CD later (maybe it's a "hidden" track), going to watch "Linear" now :drool:

yeah, this "pearl" finish looks :drool::drool::drool:

got the boxset

at first listen especially fez, magnificent, was and cedars are sounding better than mp3 quality

I got the regular CD today, will receive the box set early next week. I think the booklet is ok, a little boring. What I don't like is that you cannot read the lyrics to Stand Up Comedy because it's in white printed over a partly white background. Whoever designed this is :doh:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

so can you definitely tell a difference in sound quality on the cd compared to the mp3's?

So, no bonus track (NLOTH2) in the box set, then?
Is the 32-page booklet in the digipak removeable, or is it glued into the digipak?

I have a question:

Where's the best place to buy the GOYB single? and the boxset?

And have they made way with the 5 different versions and come down to just 4 versions (including the LP)? that's what Amazon has.

There's no bonus track on the album.

Thank God.

Cedars is the perfect closer.

I haven't listened, I'll listen tonight, I'm sure it sounds better than the mp3s.

Okay, I've got it. After holding out for weeks, ehm, years.

I got it the box, in combination with a promo poster (the one posted about two weeks ago, which reminded people of Achtung Baby), a Dutch booklet U2&NL and a music magazine 'Off the Record' featuring Bono on the cover. All that for €54. Not too bad, eh?

However, before opening the box I am now listening to the new Depeche Mode single, which is very good. Is that bad? :shh:

I think the bonus track is only in some regions, because other people have said their copies do have the bonus track...

Got my digipack today and it´s the best looking U2 album i´ve got so far :up: And the music? It´s fucking awesome :D I´m well pleased :applaud::drool::heart::heart::heart::applaud::D:up::up::up:

Okay, I've got it. After holding out for weeks, ehm, years.

I got it the box, in combination with a promo poster (the one posted about two weeks ago, which reminded people of Achtung Baby), a Dutch booklet U2&NL and a music magazine 'Off the Record' featuring Bono on the cover. All that for €54. Not too bad, eh?

However, before opening the box I am now listening to the new Depeche Mode single, which is very good. Is that bad? :shh:

I didn't get the U2&NL booklet, but Free Record Shop only put that in right?
Bastards asked 59.99 for NLOTH, I got it 10 euros cheaper at Mediamarkt.

How's the U2&NL thing?

Got the boxset today! OH so good!!!
Also grabbed the vynil... just looked too good to pass by.
And also grabbed the standard CD yesterday....:hmm:

Anyways, cool thing about the = is:
Standard Cd. Sticker with = in silver
Vynil, the = is pressed in on the clear slip cover and is slightly frosted
all three look great. Just got fucking bubbles all over my standard cd sticker :mad:

I KNEW IT!!!!!!

I had made this prediction after seeing so many of the pictures of the supposed album cover without the = . Nice!!!!!

That must look really nice.

Got the CD and the equal sign is going off the cover asap. Also "What I don't like is that you cannot read the lyrics to Stand Up Comedy because it's in white printed over a partly white background" and the booklet is ok.

I'm curious about the poster included with the boxset-- does anyone have a picture?

nloth.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/bathiu/nloth.jpg
this is on one side... and on the other side there's a picture of the band, one of the pictures from the booklet

Back
Top Bottom