The i don't get "Fez-Being Born" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this is U2 back at what they do best. Taking risks.

For the last 2 albums I had felt that the band were ignoring their own brilliance and playing a role, instead of standing up and being proud of their ability to create incredibly atmospheric, risky music.

Of course, it's not a single and not going to be loved or "gotten" by all the mainstream fans. The fact that U2 were wanting to push themselves into somewhere completely out of the circle they had drawn for themselves made me respect this band above any other. I had lost hope that they were ignoring their ability to do that, on the last 2 albums.
Fez Being Born has proved that they want to make that music again and I'm so glad that they decided to not turn their backs on that part of the band's psyche.

Radiohead have always made that kind of music, so we expect them to be edgy. U2 exist in a different realm, so when they step into crazytown, it makes me love them even more.

^Yeah, i guess that is what it is, U2 taking risks, some may follow them, personally i still don't. Over the last few days i actually listened to the whole song for few times:reject: With headphones. It growed on me, but it just doesn't flow well to me. It doesn't really fit. I don't think i find it awful, like Boots. And i didnt say it was an awful song.

Besides, im not native english so i didnt mean to make a connection with that i didn't get it and that they were not playing it live, i just said that as a note, because i don't think it will really work live.

Back
Top Bottom