The Favorite NLOTH song poll! Which song will win?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which song is your favorite?

• No Line On The Horizon

Votes: 36 5.4%
  • Magnificient

Votes: 211 31.8%
  • Moment Of Surrender

Votes: 133 20.0%
  • Unknown Caller

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Get On Your Boots

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Stand Up Comedy

Votes: 27 4.1%
  • Fez-Being Born

Votes: 30 4.5%
  • White As Snow

Votes: 18 2.7%
  • Breathe

Votes: 69 10.4%
  • Cedars Of Lebanon

Votes: 14 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow. Still no votes for Get On Your Boots? At this point, it looks like it's the young male that goes to college prematurely balding. :lol:

BREEEEEEEEEEAAATTTTTTTTTTTHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NLOTH and Magnificent are a close second and third.

:lol:@GOYB.

I told you that song was crap, and this poll shows that people were only overtly excited about it because it was the first U2 song release in so many years. Now that it is in company with good songs, it gets, literally, zero love.

Eh... looks like this album is a little front loaded.

IMO!! Sorry, I don't want to force anyone into thinking that.
I do think the first half of the record is more immediate... same with TJT, War, Boy, ATYCLB, POP, Zooropa... but I have a strong feeling the latter half of the record will grow tremendously.

IMO, the weakest section is the middle (tracks 5-7).

I really like Stand Up Comedy..., it's like Rattle & Hum era U2 meets Led Zeppelin...
Bono's voice are pure Lovetown... (specially the way he sings love)

Magnificent is awesome... we listened while at a vista point watching the sunset and when this one came on I jumped out of the car with joy and sorta skipped around all giddy :lol: ...going to be amazing live :drool:

Wow. Boots only has 1 vote?

Well, I'm gonna be honest. Not very many of these songs have had the time to grow on me, yet Boots has. So really, boots is my current favorite song... but really, with all these fresh new options, why pick old boots? I had to go Crazy. I wonder if anyone else had the same feeling?

I love of all of the songs, but, right now, Moment of Surrender is my favorite. :up:

This album is fuckin awesome! Finally, our boys are back! :hyper:

My favorite right now is Moment of Surrender. It's just absolutely beautiful. I'm also loving I'll Go Crazy... and Stand Up... White as Snow..and GOYB.
But my vote for this poll went to Magnificent for this reason:

Magnificent for me. Dont know what it is but it gets me emotional.

Me too--I definitely got choked up the first time I listened to the full thing. I'm not really sure why.

I voted according to my first listen to the album once through and I also got choked up hearing it. I think for me it was because of all those times I'd heard the beach clip, waiting and waiting for this album and suddenly I was finally hearing this beautiful thing complete. It was a moment.

:reject:

magnificent, even if every other song was just morse-code, the album would be worth it for this song

White as Snow, not sure if it's my favourite (up there though) but it's in desperate need of appreciation around here

Absolutely, I love this song and think it's underrated.

It's my favourite and I voted for it.

There are no songs I don't like on the album, that's really something.

This one is a no-brainer, which is fortunate because it means I am able to enter the poll LOL.

Only one winner... will leave such a mark...:drool:

Closely followed by Unknown Caller, Breathe and Moment of Surrender.

Then the title track, followed equally by Boots and Stand Up.

Then Fez-BB and Cedars.

Still not getting the HUGE love for Magnificent. Maybe it's me, but I feel like it's a 2 minute song put on a loop 3 times. It's certainly not a bad song, but the best song in years like some of you are saying? I just don't get it.

Well, I don't quite feel that way, but I don't understand the huge gushing over it like it's the standout track of the album, since there are like, you know, like about five standout tracks on it, as far as I'm currently concerned.

OK, after listening a few more times on the plane yesterday, my favorite at this early moment is No Line On The Horizon. I'm addicted to the song. Total ear candy.

NLOTH has a bit of an advantage over the other songs, since I've heard it (well, NLOTH2) a lot more often. I'm sure I'll have the same kind of craving for several of the other songs soon enough. It's a terrific album.

Back
Top Bottom