The Edge to be on 102.1 the Edge / Alan Cross Reviews 'Get On Your Boots'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pop_mofo

Acrobat
Anyway, don't know if anyone else heard this, but towards the end of the Dean Blundell show on Friday they mentioned that the Edge was going to be a guest this week. Don't know exactly what it is (it may be from when he visited Toronot as part of the film festival) but I would suspect that it's new and about the new single.

Just to keep you in the loop.

Edge will be Toronto? :hmm:

More like a phone-interview though.

Looks like the Edge (radio station) is getting all the goods - first Alan Cross's review then this!

Possible Edge broadcasts:

All times Toronto:
7:00pm - 7:30pm Explore Music with Alan Cross (Mon - Thu)
11:00pm - 12:00am Ongoing History of New Music (Mon)
9:00am - 10:00am The Ongoing History Of New Music with Alan Cross (Sun)
8:00pm - 8:30pm Explore Music with Alan Cross (Sun)

102.1 The Edge Live on Internet

well, if we don't hear the new single tomorrow, I bet that we get reviews from insiders (DJs etc.) at some point tomorrow

Also to note that Dave Fanning (on RTE radio 2FM) only has one show a week now I think, and it is on Sunday nights from midnight to 2am. So if the rumoured release date of January 19th is correct (being a Monday), then there is the possibility that Dave will play the new song on his show next Sunday night which starts at midnight, which is ouf course still technically the 19th!! Assuming of course that U2 follow tradition and let Dave have the worldwide premier of the new song. If that is going to be the case Dave could even make mention of that fact on his show tonight in order to build a bit attention for next week's show, so I might have to listen tonight as well. :ohmy:

He does also have the Dave Fanning Show on RTE Radio 1FM on Mondays to Fridays at 7pm, but I don't think they are as music orientated as the 2FM show. Not 100% on this though as I don't listen to the 1FM show. Anybody else know any more info on this???

He does also have the Dave Fanning Show on RTE Radio 1FM on Mondays to Fridays at 7pm, but I don't think they are as music orientated as the 2FM show. Not 100% on this though as I don't listen to the 1FM show. Anybody else know any more info on this???

Ive never listened to the 1FM show either, but i think that if Dave Fanning is going to play it, it will be on the Sunday night 2FM show next week (seems to reach a bigger audience ... if last Sunday was anything to go on this). I think most people who listen to 1FM wouldnt give a damn about U2's new single .. the last time i was forced to listen to 1FM the music was that bad my granny wouldnt even have listened to it!

Its funny how the radio station is called The Edge, and they are talking to Edge. Ah that makes me smile. :D

Okay, I thought I'd post this here since the Alan Cross thread is closed, and this is semi-relevant...

I just received an email from Alan Cross, and he has said that he has prepared a long blog about GYBO/GOYB for monday. No other details were given, except for the link to the blog, where the info will presumably be up sometime tomorrow!

http://www.exploremusic.com/home/default.aspx

Back
Top Bottom