The Club Album - Will.I.Am

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't forget "Skeet Skeet feat. Brokencyde."
ffffuuuu.jpg

Feels like the DM album is being put out to be toured. Club album might reach for sounds that can't be reproduced live, and we may hear this at the end of the tour with no intention of 'touring' it.
I'd guess they'd at least play a few tracks from the club album on 360. Perhaps they could put together a track from this, a track from Pop, and the CT remix for a club-themed encore?

...A man can dream. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

That was them? Always just assumed that was an outside job. Well, I stand corrected.

Well they did have outside help on it, clearly. I'm just saying, dance/house/techno/other variants etc etc music is mainly "produced" music anyways, so just because it isn't played by four musicians in a room per se, if they produce the thing, well, it's still them doing the song.

As for dance music "dying"...I don't think so. It's not a throwaway genre, it's been around for decades (4+ if you count the disco era, come to think of it house/dance has lasted far longer than disco did!) and isn't going anywhere. It shifts, it changes shape a bit, but it's here to stay imo.

I wish they'd work with Justice and/or their cavalcade of other 90's producers for this project.

As for dance music "dying"...I don't think so. It's not a throwaway genre, it's been around for decades (4+ if you count the disco era, come to think of it house/dance has lasted far longer than disco did!) and isn't going anywhere. It shifts, it changes shape a bit, but it's here to stay imo.

no one said dance music was dying..

but that slick sound of today's production will one day sound really dated, like disco, hair metal and the War album

there's some crazy electro out there right now that doesn't really sound dated. i think it's due to the production method of darker tones and less "crisp" of a sound - although very textured. More industrial than ever.

come to think of it, is pretty hate machine and achtung baby all that dated?

there's some crazy electro out there right now that doesn't really sound dated. i think it's due to the production method of darker tones and less "crisp" of a sound - although very textured. More industrial than ever.

come to think of it, is pretty hate machine and achtung baby all that dated?

I think PHM is really dated..... Brilliant album, but needs re-recording....

definitely.. but this is seemingly not the music of David Guetta, RedOne and WillIAm

In Bono speak, "club" could mean tracks like Some Days Are Better Than Others.

War doesn't strike me as particularly dated? It is definitely of its era, but not 'dated' in the pejorative sense.

War doesn't strike me as particularly dated? It is definitely of its era, but not 'dated' in the pejorative sense.

it's not necessarily a negative thing. I mean it sounds like it comes from 1983.. especially that drum sound..

Sunday Bloody Sunday sounds dated? New Year's Day? Like A Song? Surrender and Red Light are the only songs on it that even suggest the possibility that music outside of the world of U2 might exist. Otherwise, I think there would at least be synths throughout.

^^ Yeah seriously on the synths comment there..when I compare it to the other stuff I was into at the time (Depeche Mode, New Order, The Smiths, The Cure etc)..War sounds nothing like that stuff, to me!

Construction Time Again by way of example..now THAT'S 1983 ;)

To me Boy is the only U2 album that screams the exact time period it was made in while listening to it, much of their 80's work outside of JT and TUF is obviously from the 80's but you can pinpoint Boy as the transition period between post-punk and something new.

They both sound dated as hell to me, but I don't have a problem listening to either.

I think NYD studio sounds timeless, but while SBS studio certainly has aged, there's just so much energy there I still love listening to it.

Okay, well, after reading this I have two thoughts:

1. People like the 90s remixes? Wow....

2. People think War sounds dated? I mean, maybe as much as The Beatles sound dated. But so much so that you can't even listen to studio versions? I feel very sorry for those of you.

Yeah, SBS studio sounds dated only insomuch as it sounds tinny, clunky and abrasive - EXACTLY how it was supposed to sound.

I do like some of the 90's remixes though. Much prefer the recent ones (CT kick the vocal, Mag falke and RAC, GOYB FishOW and Justice)...

War in no way at all sounds "dated" to me. I think New Year's Day and Sunday Bloody Sunday both sound fresh enough today. And the studio versions sound amazing. Edge's guitar work and tone is just brilliant. I still go back to the studio versions a lot. Although I enjoy SBS from Red Rocks about the same.

I love the cold, abrasive, unforgiving sound of the War album. Dated? I dunno. But it doesn't sound like a victim of production. It just sounds bleak, wintery. I love that about it though.

Back
Top Bottom