The "Apple Stunt"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Problem is that many of the negative album reviews seem more caught up in the "you hijacked my iTunes" narrative than actually reviewing the damn songs!

U2 are easy targets in this fragmented media world. Also, the news cycle is so fast now that the album release surprise will be old news by tomorrow!

Exactly. Like I said, if you only pay attention to the actual album reviews, the picture is positive. It's being received well.

The media loves recycling any kind of sensationalism (pretty much anything negative), so that's why you see a bunch of articles talking about a few brats complaining about getting free music. Most down-to-earth people actually appreciate free stuff, but there happiness won't make a headline.

Anyway, these media cycles have very short lifespans. I doubt you would see any article talking about the album delivery by the end of the weekend.

Every album is charting on iTunes this is crazy

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

AT one point today the Polish top 15 was:

1. The Joshua Tree - U2
2. Achtung Baby - U2
3. Strut - Lenny Kravitz
4. Pop - U2
5. Goddess - Banks
6. Lullaby... - Robert Plant
7. U218 Singles - U2
8. Zooropa - U2
9. The Best of 1990-2000 - U2
10. The Best of 1980-1990 - U2
11. U218 Singles (Deluxe) - U2
12. No Line On the Horizon - U2
13. The Unforgettable Fire - U2
14. The Joshua Tree - U2
15. Brzask - SKUBAS

Every album is charting on iTunes this is crazy

That's called "getting it done".

smXwcdx.jpg

Well crap, U2's prior albums being sold to people today could suggest that tickets to the shows will all be sold to ignorant bloody teenagers.

(I got Edge side, front seats to the Sydney 360 show at age 18.. :reject:)
Although, I did make bloody sure that I danced and sang out loud for every second of it.

Hilarious. I just went and looked at reviews at iTunes. 15 out of the first 20 are 1 star reviews saying things like - What the hell iTunes? I didn't ask for this, I don't understand, was I charged for this???

Ugh.

Wow, so much U2 and a Lenny Kravitz album! That makes this half-Polish girl proud.

And why are we concerned about how our band is doing compared to One Direction? They are the latest NKOTB/N'Sync/Bieber teen sensations, and in a couple of years many of their fans will have moved on and their music sales AND music will matter not at all.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Well crap, U2's prior albums being sold to people today could suggest that tickets to the shows will all be sold to ignorant bloody teenagers.

Nothing new. Been battling new fans since 1982, you just go with it, do your best to get yourself tickets and don't let it drive you too crazy:huh: It's part of what you put up with for knowing greatness.

What's funny is that 200k in not only a USA only figure but it is less than 24 hours after being made available.

Even funnier.... This article implies that there is an option to download the album and based on how few were downloaded, U2 Suck!

Then you have numerous articles that indicate the album was forced on people with no option to decline the download, so U2 suck!

So which is it? Can the U2 haters call a meeting and at least agree on the excuse they want to use as to why U2 sucks?

Has anyone gone and put in a review on iTunes? I just put one on there. Also, if anyone here is a little more computer/iTunes savvy, can you please post a review and instructions for people on how they get the album. half of the people reviewing are saying they are unable to get the album to listen to it...

I haven't gone through all the reviews, but just at look at the first page of reviews. They're all positive. Unless you consider anything short of 4/5 stars as being negative. I don't :)

Then do yourself a favor and don't go past the first page. LOL

Has anyone gone and put in a review on iTunes? I just put one on there. Also, if anyone here is a little more computer/iTunes savvy, can you please post a review and instructions for people on how they get the album. half of the people reviewing are saying they are unable to get the album to listen to it...

That's because (on iPhone and iPad, at least), the album appears on "purchased", and then you can stream direct from cloud, or download it manually into the library. At least on mine was like that

Have uploaded instructions but reviews seem to be in chronological order (oldest 1st) so my instructions are at the end of a very long line of MOANERS!!!

Got to love the nme here was me thinking 200,000 people downloading something in the US in ONE day was actually pretty amazing

Got to love the nme here was me thinking 200,000 people downloading something in the US in ONE day was actually pretty amazing

Beyoncé sold 617,000 albums in three days. U2 basically pulled off the same thing, but with a free album.

Back
Top Bottom