Swedish newspaper lists U2 album for june release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no way u2 would release an album in june

i used to think it would be fall 2007, but im starting to think fall 2008 is much more likely

I guess that confirms that these two lists
are made up from complete guessing, if anyone was still doubting

I do agree that the list includes optimistic guessing, but only from the highest placed music industry sources!!!

Last edited:
If they release it in June they won't be able to take advantage of the grammys like they have the last two albums. (plus, holiday sales) I don't ever see them releasing an album in any other time frame.

If it is in June, it'll be called "U2 19."

shart1780 said:
Avril, Aerosmith and Coldplay all suck horrible.

yea Aerosmith suck, they only have a million hits that spans 4 decades. Avril and Coldplay I'll agree with 100%

Those crazy Swedes and their bullcrap lists. :cute:

Or maybe it's not bullcrap. Maybe they're crazy in a good way. :hyper:
...or not, as the case may very well be.

Last edited:
Another Swedish newspaper lists a U2 release, and with a date. :hyper:

This time Metro says the album's coming on June 17th:

metro-U2Junerelease.jpg

Source:
http://www.metro.se/se/misc/pdf/2007/01/05/SESTO_2007_01_05.pdf

I still think it's interesting that Swedish sources are the only ones we have at the moment.
What does Universal Sweden know that the other countries don't? :hmm:

EDIT:
Wyclef release:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyclef_Jean
"based on leaked record company memos, the tentative release date is April 24, 2007."
April...? :hmm:

Britney:
http://music.netscape.com/story/2006/12/23/in-fears-rumored-name-of-britney-2007-album
"There rumors that MTV in Italy informs that Britney will release a new album in June 15, 2007. Album wil be named "In Fears"

June 15th...Actually sounds ok since we get albums release two days after the rest of the world up here.

Didn't find anything on Sum 41 though...

Last edited:
i wouldn't take any news re album release seriously unless it comes directly from the band/record label.

at the rate U2 works, i'd say sometime in 2008. they are too fucking slow.

purpleblackeye said:
i wouldn't take any news re album release seriously unless it comes directly from the band/record label.

at the rate U2 works, i'd say sometime in 2008. they are too fucking slow.

I'm not.
I'm just sharing whatever rumors are out there.

(Oh...Maybe you meant in a general sense and not specifically me?)

Besides, Bono :)lol::lmao::D) has pointed towards a 2007 release earlier:

"I think a U2 album will not be that far away, I hope. We've hit the vein, I think."

"We're about to make a new album for next year, and it's the most important thing. "

But on the other hand Edge said this:
is there's a new U2 album around the bend?:
"Noooo. Nowhere near. "

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens, if any album is coming out I presume we will hear about a new single hitting the radio sometime around May.

Last edited:
The Swedes sure are sure about this aren't they? Maybe it's a Sweden only release :wink:

The only thing that would prove to everyone here that the album was out this year, is if Bono said it wasn't coming out this year :wink:

U2 is now releasing seven albums in 2007, fifteen in 2008, and going on twelve world tours over the course of the next three years. Thanks for the update, Internet. :up:

I don't know if you're tired yet or not but here goes anyway:

I read another newspaper list today for the first six months of this year's releases, and Wyclef and Britney were listed under "During Spring/Summer" but not U2.

Very :huh: at the moment about these lists.
But as stated earlier, this is only a rumour and unless we hear anything from official sources (u2.com, Paul MacG, or the band I presume) U2 will not release an album in the summer of 2007. :D

Source:
http://extra.expressen.se/citypdf/pdf/2007/01/SCity-2007-01-10.pdf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom