Surpise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your pre-album practice? And--do you use protection?

• Total voters
I don't have any false expectations because I've listened to the clips.

I don't have any feelings of whether or not it's going to be better or worse than any of the previous albums.

I like what I have heard, but know it's changed. If it is then I'll still like it and can't wait till I hear the finished product(s).

It doesn't matter if I hear all of the album or leaked songs, I will buy the super duper delux, you have to learn another language, version. :up:

That's just me. It's what I do, for new U2. :heart:
Good posting :)

I don't get all the fuzz about listening to beach clips and after that being disappointed with the real thing.

I'll listen to any leak, simply because demo's, leaks, beachclips are just fun to listen to. I'll end up buying 5 versions of this damn album anyway, so I might as well enjoy the whole path that lead to it.

I always to listen to new U2 albums start to finish, on my own, in the dark. And i never cave in to snippets, beach clips etc.

For me the setting of the first listen of any album (eg in the car on a summer day, at my computer on crappy speakers, or on the lounge on a cold, rainy day) seems to influence subsequent listens - kinda setting the "mood" of the album. So for U2 I like to control the setting (complete darkness) thereby letting the music set its own mood. Hope that doesn't sound too weird!

I always to listen to new U2 albums start to finish, on my own, in the dark. And i never cave in to snippets, beach clips etc.

For me the setting of the first listen of any album (eg in the car on a summer day, at my computer on crappy speakers, or on the lounge on a cold, rainy day) seems to influence subsequent listens - kinda setting the "mood" of the album. So for U2 I like to control the setting (complete darkness) thereby letting the music set its own mood. Hope that doesn't sound too weird!

That sounds like quite a great way of listening to music, I might actually try listening to albums in different places, different times and all. :up:

Abolutely agree

Good posting :)

I don't get all the fuzz about listening to beach clips and after that being disappointed with the real thing.

I'll listen to any leak, simply because demo's, leaks, beachclips are just fun to listen to. I'll end up buying 5 versions of this damn album anyway, so I might as well enjoy the whole path that lead to it.

That's it. From the begining to the end!

Listening to new music in the dark (perfect dark) is also my favorite way of listening to my favorite bands, plan on doing so for NLOTH as well

I'll listen to the single once it's out and if the complete album or parts of it leaks I'll listen to a song or two to quench my thirst but most of the stuff I'll save for later. Haven't heard the beach clips, though.

Listening to new music in the dark (perfect dark) is also my favorite way of listening to my favorite bands, plan on doing so for NLOTH as well

Poeple think im wierd doing that but they dont understand it.

I've heard the clips from the Daniel Lanois movie trailer that was on U2.COM. I'm guessing I heard about 30 seconds of "No Line On The Horizon" (pure guess based on song rhythm which was :drool:) and about 10 seconds of "Get Your Boots On/Sexy Boots" (barbershop harmonies).

If the album leaks, I won't download it either nor have I downloaded any of the beach clips.

This is my first album release (fan since November/December 2004) and I want to hear it when they want me to hear it.

I think the next three months are gonna be tough :sad:

Since ATYCLB, usually my friend is able to download all or most of the tracks from their albums. I'll probably have all the songs on CD before the album's official release. Then, I'll go out and buy the CD when it's officially on sale.

I wasn't on the forum when the last album was released, or beach clips/leaks prior to HTDAAB. This will be a first for me.

I like the idea of total darkness in listening to the new album, though it probably won't work out that way for me... I have to hear new music repeatedly before I can absorb it and form an opinion...

I tend to listen to any sort of leak that comes when it's available regardless of quality. I am pretty impatient, but I do end up buying the real thing when it comes out.

Back
Top Bottom