Summer of Love - Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So do any of the remixes make it so you can actually hear Lady Gaga singing?

Not sure what the point was of having her come into the studio, the band could have actually benefited from her presence had she been more prominent in the mix.
The first track, the Robin Schulz remix, throws her background vocals into the mix much earlier than the album version and basically replaces Bono with Gaga on one of the choruses. I don't think there are any new vocals from her that weren't on the album version, but they're more prominent in this remix.

So do any of the remixes make it so you can actually hear Lady Gaga singing?

Not sure what the point was of having her come into the studio, the band could have actually benefited from her presence had she been more prominent in the mix.

I remember watching a SOE promo that was released with the album and the mix of SOL had Gaga up front of I remember (up front a lot more than in the album cut at least).

I agree with you though, to bring in a Star like her (like her or not) it’s just odd not to use her in the final mix.

U2 had a rare miss here but luckily it was the only poor decision they have made recently ;)

Get Out Of Your Own Way (skip to next track mix)
Get Out Of Your Own Way (get in time machine and travel back to recording session and erase master tape, then use Eternal Sunshine device to wipe memory of writing the song from band members' memories mix)
Get Out Of Your Own Way (actually if you had a time machine you'd probably just go back and convince the band to release the whole album in 2016 like they originally planned and this song probably wouldn't be on there anyway or at least wouldn't be as bad mix)

Songs Of Innocence (and then you'd have to go back and make them release the Danger Mouse sole producer version of this album a few months after Invisible was aired mix)

Last edited:
Cock Crazy (release crazy tonight as this actual title on limited 12 inch vinyl)

Back
Top Bottom