submarine/gasoline rhyme

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iota

War Child
Alright, I'm sorry. Bono's writing skills have been diminishing for about 3 albums now...and this is getting ridiculous. The worst line ever written in a song was:

"the air is heavy...heavy as a truck" from Electrical Storm.

It's getting on my nerves. The music is still quality, but the rest of U2 need to run a intervention on Bono and make him go back to some kind of literary boot camp and re-learn how to write evocatively. I had high hopes for this album, but the fact that he rhymed "submarine" with "gasoline" shows me that he's not even trying any more.

Disagree?

Prove me wrong then. Write an artistically excellent, intellectually stimulation couplet that rhymes "submarine" and gasoline" and I'll eat my words. It can't be done.

There's another marvelous thread.

Marvelous

:doh:

The purpose of this thread is for everybody who disagrees with me to demonstrate that I am wrong by actually doing something.

If you don't, you are conceding my point.

i see your point....but...wouldn't it be best to reserve judgement until we have all of the lyrics?

I swear, this place is like no other place on the internet. Where else can you find so much outrage and debate based on "speculation"?

No, no...you don't understand. This is a participitory thread!

If you disagree with me, write a couplet!

I know that no one is allowed to have an opinion here...but at least this is a thread where we can disagree and have a little fun at the same time.

You mean the thread where Eno said the earth shattering "it's the best work they've ever done"?

Wow... breaking news.

Is Edge also "on fire" by any chance?

The premise of this thread is bullshit. Context is the key, my friend.

It doesn't have to be spectacular.

I don't know about Bono's writing skills, but I'm positive the thread quality is dropping tremendously lately...

It's apparent we really need some new music...

How is it people can judge based on the smallest of details? We've had people judging songs based on titles, on Bono's eyeliner, and who they are working with...

Now we have someone judging quality based on two out of context words that someone reported on the internet? Wow...

in beach clip3 in the first 10-15 seconds there's a line that seems this line.. but i'm not sure :D

iota i'm agree with you but only in the last 2 record beacuse i think that Pop has wonderful lyrics ...

Get on your boots it's an easy title ...
will be an easy song .. with an easy lyrics :D

let's listen the record for the deep lyrics..

my english is a shame ..i know :D

No, no...you don't understand. This is a participitory thread!

If you disagree with me, write a couplet!

I know that no one is allowed to have an opinion here...but at least this is a thread where we can disagree and have a little fun at the same time.

As you wish mate....

But what if I told you that U2 is rhyming "stone" with "unknown" or "home"?

Oh wait, someone already done that:

"How does it feel
How does it feel
To be without a home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone?"

Awful lyrics, don't y'think? No....ohhhhh, that's because now I've gave you the WHOLE lyrics.
You can't judge lyrics knowing only two damn words mate
But if you want to keep discussing this, go nuts! :wink:

Cheers :wave:

this thread for me is really no sense

i've seen so many attack against u2, but never for 2 words!

it's like before Achtung Baby we said "hey in a song bono rhyme Dali with trolley......it's ridicoulus"

As you wish mate....

But what if I told you that U2 is rhyming "stone" with "unknown" or "home"?

Oh wait, someone already done that:
"How does it feel
How does it feel
To be without a home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone?"

Awful lyrics, don't y'think? No....ohhhhh, that because now I've gave you the WHOLE lyrics.
You can't judge lyrics knowing only two damn words mate
But if you want to keep discussing this, go nuts! :wink:

Cheers :wave:

Exactly...Bono is no Bob Dylan. I totally agree.

"a mole...digging in a hole...digging up my soul"...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom