submarine/gasoline rhyme

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2004 pre-HTDAAB threads were so much better. Seems like this forum has gone downhill. Seriously, we know two words out of the song, okay four (sexy, boots, gasoline, submarine.) Take any four words from any song, without having heard the song at all, and I'm sure you can say "LOL this song sucks what dumb lyrics."

What a joke.

From Please:

ass
wasted
colours
knees

OMG WORST LYRICS EVER

Ok...in order to avoid having this thread get locked, I'll turn it into what every other thread is talking about:

So, on having heard absolutely none of it, would you rank this album among their best or just mediocre?

Seems to me like that's pretty much what you were doing from the start.

I dunno....hecklers aside, I actually don't believe this thread is pointless. On albums like Achtung baby Bono's lyrics WERE more careful and literary. There is a more "throw-away," more pop, feel to a lot of his recent work. The album tracks are being picked obviously for music above lyrics. There is a place for songs like that, but there is also cause to wonder if we will see that other side of Bono again soon.

Will we get the poet or the pop star?

I don't want another disaster like "New York" again! :ohmy:

Bono's response, "Yeah, Edge has left the galaxy and has gone to a place that only Lucasfilm has the rights on. Plus Lucasfilm is sponsoring the new tour. Did I forget to say (YOUR AD HERE)?"

I dunno....hecklers aside, I actually don't believe this thread is pointless. On albums like Achtung baby Bono's lyrics WERE more careful and literary. There is a more "throw-away," more pop, feel to a lot of his recent work. The album tracks are being picked obviously for music above lyrics. There is a place for songs like that, but there is also cause to wonder if we will see that other side of Bono again soon.

We'll have to wait and see. Two words certainly don't tell us much about the album as a whole.

Best. Rhyme. Ever.

Smack my ass, light it up, call me Judy. Sexy Boots is the defining moment of the 21st century.

:drool:

But, yeah...I only criticize because I know what Bono is capable of when he tries. I'm hoping he put some effort into it, and I want to believe that submarine and gasoline can be rhymed in a profound way. But I need help to see it.

Here's something I just shot in the dark with...

He left the aeroplane, beach cart, and submarine
Survived the drowning, but got lost in the gasoline

Damnit this is hard... I'm sure SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, could surely make something out of "submarine" and "gasoline," though :shrug:

:pray:

Yeah I think the lyrics have taken a change with every change the music has made, some for the better some for the worse.

Every album lyrically has had it's gems and it's crap, this is nothing new.

I can almost list a song on every album that I wish Bono never allowed to show the light of day because it's just embarassing...:shrug:

Bono has made some comments recently about stepping up his lyric writing and taking new directions so I'm optimistic and look forward to seeing what we get...

...whose lightsabers aren't green.
...heading to Tatooine.

:lol::up:

OF COURSE NOT! There was obviously some tongue in the cheek of the guy who started the thread! But I think there is a serious point/question underneath the layer of funny!

I really don't think the original post was started tongue in cheek. It looks pretty serious to me. And then when iota realized that people were criticizing it, he changed it to some sort of funny game, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom