submarine/gasoline rhyme

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, oh, soul, is goal, hey SUBMARINE!
Kneel, feel, steal, hey GASOLINE!

I love bomb's lyrics but I know you guys don't so....:wink:

And this section from an unknown song during the same era:

Out of the blue out of the - -
Out of range out of striking distance
Off the wagon on the smokes
Off the canvas On the ropes
Out of sorts out of smokes
Out of laughter fear of jokes

Out of range of where you thought you might be
Daddy go home
Out of me out of you
Out of reach of rescue
Out of the reasons I left you
Out of smokes out of jokes
Out of punches on the ropes

Out of luck out of time
Out of change and at the end of the line
- - - break rhyme

I think that's the song "Home" which later morphed into "Walk on".

Where/when did we find the lyrics to the ATYCLB outtakes? Were the tracks/demos ever heard, or were the lyrics seen in a studio vid or printed in a magazine? I'm very curious!:hmm:

Where/when did we find the lyrics to the ATYCLB outtakes? Were the tracks/demos ever heard, or were the lyrics seen in a studio vid or printed in a magazine? I'm very curious!:hmm:

The Stir My Soul lyric is mentioned in a Rolling Stone article from back in the days of recording the All That You Can't Leave Behind album and the second one which apparently is from Home (This Bird Has Flown) aka Walk On was on Bono's laptop screen in a CBS 60 Minutes program about Bono from 2001-ish but it wasn't performed just partly read out aloud by Bono.

Here's the article that mentioned the titles of both those songs:
News: U2 Stirring Their Souls in the Studio

I didn't want to start a new thread, plus, I'm not sure this is huge news anymore, but alan cross is going to post a full review of the song tomorrow

I didn't want to start a new thread, plus, I'm not sure this is huge news anymore, but alan cross is going to post a full review of the song tomorrow

Sweet. Do you know where will it be posted? Via twitter again, or somewhere where it can be more cohesive?

EDIT: Nevermind---just saw in the Edge station thread that it'll be on his blog. :up:

I'm pretty sure he'll reveal some or all of the lyrics and I hope its a good review! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom