strange new setlist for best of DVD "U2 18"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

perrypickwick

Acrobat
I dont't get this. :eyebrow: Like all the sources said before Christmas we shall get:

1. U2 18 (Single Version CD)
2. U2 18 (Special Version with DVD - 10 tracks from Milan)
and
3. U2 18 the Videos DVD

and now after the Songs for Milan and the CD were clear there comes two german websites with irritating information -

""18 Singles" wird als CD und 12"-Vinyl (LP) erscheinen; zudem wird eine limitierte Deluxe-Edition erhältlich sein: diese enthält neben der CD eine Bonus DVD, mit folgendem Inhalt:

- The Making Of Vertigo
- The Making Of One

sowie rare Versionen von:
- Beautiful Day - Eze version
- Pride (In The Name Of Love) - Slane Castle version
- Vertigo - Lisbon version
- Vertigo - HQ version
- One - Buffalo version
- One - Restaurant version
- Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - Single Take version "

http://www.motordiscs.de/detailanz/produktanzeige.rt?barcode=0602517135932
translated this means there will gonna be a CD (U2 18) with a Bonos DVD (I thougt and hoped, and believed MILAN!!!) but there it said: "with these videos" -
and also here on Amazon.de:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000JJSRUC/ref=pd_rvi_gw_2/303-4881915-6169062
1. The Making Of Vertigo
2. The Making Of One
3. Beautiful Day - Eze version
4. Pride (In The Name Of Love) - Slane Castle version
5. Vertigo - Lisbon version
6. Vertigo - HQ version
7. One - Buffalo version
8. One - Restaurant version
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - Single Take version
10. Sweetest Thing
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. One
13. Desire
14. Walk On
15. Elevation
16. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
17. The Saints Are Coming
18. Window In The SkiesBonus-DVD:

I really hope that we will get Milan -
and I really hope that we will get the New Years Day Video - where is it?

One I already got on the 1990-2000 DVD :(

Maybe it's different releases for Europe and the US?
We already heard of a Polish edition haven't we?

:huh:

A japanese website also has more or less the same tracklist:

Originally posted by morgan1098

This is my first post here although I've been reading regularly trying to figure out the mystery that is U218.

Anyway, by clicking on the ad in the Japanese newspaper, I was taken to the official Universal Japan site, and the listing for U218 contained a listing for the CD, CD+DVD, and the separate U218 DVD. Underneath the DVD listing, in addition to a bunch of Japanese characters, the following track listing was included:
③UIBI-1016
未定
<エクストラズ>
- The Making Of Vertigo  
- The Making Of One  
- Beautiful Day ? Eze version 
- Pride (In The Name Of Love) ? Slane Castle version  
- Vertigo ? Lisbon version  
- Vertigo ? HQ version  
- One ? Buffalo version  
- One ? Restaurant version  
- Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own ? Single Take version

I'm guessing this is bonus content for the DVD. Still no sign of the actual track listing for the CD or DVD.

Last edited:
WTF is this list ????

Where is the best of 90's , coherent format , with the 18 videos , plus the documentaries and bonus videos ???? :huh:

Now, I know U2.com is unreliable but c'mon...

Originally posted on U2.com

The band have announced the eighteen tracks that will feature on 'U218 Singles' , the definitive 'best of' set for release on November 20th - including details of the brand new studio tracks produced by Rick Rubin at Abbey Road.
It will be released on CD and 12” vinyl and as a full length DVD featuring the single promo videos. The collection will also be available as a limited edition CD with a bonus DVD of 10 tracks recorded live in Milan, Italy on the Vertigo//05 tour.

perhaps these are really the Bonus-Songs on the DVD like morgan said and the two sites just made a mistake.

If this is the Bonus it would be o.k. for me - I hoped for "Angel of Harlem" and "All I want is you" and " the unforgettable fire" but if not - o.k.
then just the 10 Songs from Milan and the 18 Videos (finally the great Desire Video on DVD - then I'm happy).

I imagine that is a list of "bonus content".
So there will be the 18 tracks replicated from the CD, with those tracks as bonuses. I don't really care to see the repeats from the 1990-200 DVD, I would much prefer the time given over to bonus tracks.

So, that list is the bonus material for the U218 DVD right?
The milan DVD is the bonus fot the U218 CD right?
I'm so confused

It's a list of bonus material for sure. Somewhere else, I think even U2.com, stated that the U2:18 DVD has the music videos for all 18 tracks featured on the CD.

That list of 18 posted by perrypickwick is obviously a mash-up of the bonus features/videos...........you'll notice that track #10-18 mirror the CD exactly. Don't worry, we're receiving the full 18 tracks PLUS every officially released alternate video/documentary.

Unfortunately, there's never been an official release of the faces version of Pride or the alternate cut of With Or Without You, so I wouldn't expect either.

But let's hope and pray that the damn elusive Desire (Hollywood Remix) video ends up on this collection! It's only available at Launch Music @ Yahoo.

I have ordered the U2:18 CD Limited Edition plus the U2:18 Videos DVD, since I don't have the old videos and I hope there will be some bonus material. But the Limited Edition, unlike the regular CD, should surely have the Milan DVD, at least I hope so.

After checking the weird (to say the least :huh:) tracklisting one thing comes to my mind:

It's clear that U2 will release Best Of 1980 - 1990 DVD :camera: :up: :heart:

Otherwise the fact that they left Joshua Tree out of U2 18 DVD is a suicide !!!:crazy:

What would you like for Best Of 1980 - 1990? ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom