Stop being selfish and just relax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:cute: I heart when n00bs tell us all how to act. :cute:

now about this Space Moon business. . .I'd like to get a look at Dalton's bastard hoard. Perhaps they can be recruited (mercenary style) to help us with our other Northern endeavor Mike.

:cute: I heart when n00bs tell us all how to act. :cute:

now about this Space Moon business. . .I'd like to get a look at Dalton's bastard hoard. Perhaps they can be recruited (mercenary style) to help us with our other Northern endeavor Mike.

All I'm saying here is....be careful what you wish for when it involves Dalton. Remember in The Dark Knight when the mafia hired The Joker to help them out? That didn't go so well for them.

I don't think it's such a big deal. Everyone is starving for new material and details, and analyzing every little tidbit of info just helps pass the time. The album cover..whatever. I'll look at it for a couple of days, and then into the cd stand it'll go, with the rest of my collection. The titles..I'm not crazy about "Crazy Tonight," it sounds like a cheesy country song. But then, I haven't heard the lyrics yet, and once I have, the title could very well make a lot of sense. :shrug:

I am not ordering anyone. It is a suggestion.
Are you ordering me to not make threads about ordering people?
That's irony. :hmm:

I agree with the poster... The thing is: some haven't listened to the album and already complained about it. At least, wait for the real thing and then bitch it away :)

We've got the "teh cover sux RAWR" peeps, and the "i luv teh cover RAWR" peeps, and the peeps like me who are just kinda "oh".

THE IMPORTANT THING IS, HTDAABs cover sucks. And thats what unites us all. :hug:

:wink:

And dont rag on the n00b, he could be our future leader.

Universal wanting a hit doesn't make it quality. mmmmbop was a hit, macarena too, but would you want it on the album?

Yah, I have high expectations as well. But I generally love everything U2 makes. Not because I'm a "fanboy" to put it like that, but because they hit something in me that noone else does. I hold JT and AB as their best work, but I mostly love everything they have done. I will not however demand or hope anything. I will just be hit with what they deliver and then I may say if it can rival JT or AB..

Then what are we talking about here? Does it matter if we are expecting "quality" or "hits"? High expectations are high expectations. I agree whole heartedly with what you're saying...and I think we might be saying the same thing but we don't realize it.

Here's what I'm basically saying: There's no reason to chastise anyone for having High or No expectations for the album. Everyone's expectations are based on what they bring into the whole thing. Believe it or not, there are people that think Achtung Baby was total crap and those who think that Joshua Tree was overrated (their called my friends....or musical dumbasses as I like to call them :wink: ) So they really have little to no expectations for the album.

I on the other hand...think that they keep reaching higher and higher levels over the years with their music and expect this thing to be unbelievable. Could I be dissapointed? of course.....but is it wrong for me to have high hopes? of course not. like I said before...this is a band that is measured by a much higher standard then most other bands. Expectations are automatically through the roof. Thats why they've been able to last this long...they keep surpassing most of these expectations.

Yeah. I guess what happened to me is that I have high expectations, but in a way know that I wont be disappointed regardless. It's weird. Or maybe it is "trust" I dunno.

But if it comes out A, or B it's the same for me (it rhymes)
The cover was not "wow" for me though. Still it is kinda cool what the chose.
I suspected like either 4 guys band photo or something weird and messy like AB.
Seems like none of it hehe..

Give me the songs or I'll slit your throath,
I want the best you ever wrote,
don't you give me some old shit new,
I will be able to see right trough,
so give me the best you ever wrote,
don't you even skip one note.

It has to experimental that's the best,
so we can put AB and Zooropa to the test.

Sorry but I have to disagree with the thread title

Just check this:
No Line on the Horizon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The album was originally planned for release in November 2008, but the band had written approximately 50-60 songs and wished to continue writing

"around 50-60 songs" have been recorded in the sessions

50-60 songs?

and what we'll be given? ... 11 tracks. That's simply an insult to the fanbase, really, having had enough material for at least a double album (and that's even making a "best of" from what they had).

And what if some tracks are just weaker of fairly FILLER, just as at least 3-4 numbers of ACTYLB and HTDAAB?.

and this is just bull$***

Standard jewel case - with album CD and 24 page booklet
LP vinyl - limited edition with 2 black vinyl discs, gatefold sleeve, and a 16 page booklet
Digipak format - limited edition with album CD, 36 page colour booklet and fold out poster. Features access to exclusive downloadable Anton Corbijn film.
Magazine format - limited edition with album CD, with 60 page magazine. Features access to exclusive downloadable Anton Corbijn film.
Box format - limited edition bespoke box containing digipak format album CD, DVD of Anton Corbijn's exclusive film, 64 page hardback book, plus a fold out poster.

The album cover and the song titles are just crap, but it doesn't matter, they already have The usual Rolling Stone magazine 5 star review and a hundred magazine covers announcing "THE NEW U2 ALBUM!", 1 million copies in a week, #1 in at least a dozen countries, etc. :yawn:

FOR LOVE OR MONEY?

DAMN, after Radiohead's In Rainbows we had hopes for that visionary, pioneer U2 :heart: ...

:depressed:

Yeah. I guess what happened to me is that I have high expectations, but in a way know that I wont be disappointed regardless. It's weird. Or maybe it is "trust" I dunno.

But if it comes out A, or B it's the same for me (it rhymes)
The cover was not "wow" for me though. Still it is kinda cool what the chose.
I suspected like either 4 guys band photo or something weird and messy like AB.
Seems like none of it hehe..

The cover is growing on me more and more each day.

I'm trilled that we didn't get the same old crap of them on the cover. I think by now we know who's in the band, right? :wink:

Just check this:

The album was originally planned for release in November 2008, but the band had written approximately 50-60 songs and wished to continue writing

50-60 songs?

and what we'll be given? ... 11 tracks. That's simply an insult to the fanbase, really, having had enough material for at least a double album (and that's even making a "best of" from what they had).

And what if some tracks are just weaker of fairly FILLER, just as at least 3-4 numbers of ACTYLB and HTDAAB?.

LP vinyl - limited edition with 2 black vinyl discs, gatefold sleeve, and a 16 page booklet
Digipak format - limited edition with album CD, 36 page colour booklet and fold out poster. Features access to exclusive downloadable Anton Corbijn film.
Magazine format - limited edition with album CD, with 60 page magazine. Features access to exclusive downloadable Anton Corbijn film.
Box format - limited edition bespoke box containing digipak format album CD, DVD of Anton Corbijn's exclusive film, 64 page hardback book, plus a fold out poster.

The album cover and the song titles are just crap, but it doesn't matter, they already have The usual Rolling Stone magazine 5 star review and a hundred magazine covers announcing "THE NEW U2 ALBUM!", 1 million copies in a week, #1 in at least a dozen countries, etc. :yawn:

FOR LOVE OR MONEY?

DAMN, after Radiohead's In Rainbows we had hopes for that visionary, pioneer U2 :heart: ...

You realize you are referring to Radiohead's least experimental album since 1997, right? Also, 55 minutes is a long album by ANYONE's standards. And if 100 ATYCLB session songs = 11 album tracks, then 50-60 should have only given us 6 for this album. Do the math.

Just check this:

50-60 songs?

FOR LOVE OR MONEY?

I get you.

Sometimes it feels like its all about the money.
U2 could do much worse though.
They have never really been a sellout band.
Albums come rarely. I think they must have turned down the record company many times.

I like the different options for the album. Makes me feel better about getting it. Downloading on Itunes is kinda soulless for me when it comes to U2.
Other bands ok, but with U2 it has to be fysical ;)

Anyway. I know I'll be happy with it. Or at least wait about complaining til it's in my hands and reviewed..

Just check this:

50-60 songs?

FOR LOVE OR MONEY?

You've become a cliche...

Every single fucking thing you wrote here could be said about Radiohead.

They never gave us a double album. Their titles suck. Their In Rainbows box set was like $90...

Far too much filler on their last 3 albums.

cry cry cry...

Just check this:

50-60 songs?

FOR LOVE OR MONEY?

like someone else said, it's time for you to move on then. it would probably make you and all of us much happier.

You've become a cliche...

Every single fucking thing you wrote here could be said about Radiohead.

They never gave us a double album. Their titles suck. Their In Rainbows box set was like $90...

Far too much filler on their last 3 albums.

cry cry cry...

Well said. Agreed on all counts. Yeah where is the Radiohead double album? And don't try and say In Rainbows Disc 2. That's an afterthought at best.

the idea that you find me to be selfish for having my own expectations is pretty selfish.

If it is selfish to want people to be relaxed and enjoy the new album then allright, you got me :)

What I mean is that it is selfish to expect a so and so album and then bitch and moan about it afterwards if it aint so..

I too have expectations..

If it is selfish to want people to be relaxed and enjoy the new album then allright, you got me :)

What I mean is that it is selfish to expect a so and so album and then bitch and moan about it afterwards if it aint so..

I too have expectations..

yes...we discussed that :wink:

the biggest gripe I have is when people say the following to other posters:

"stop bitching and crying...wait till you actually hear the album"

this bugs the shit out of me because this is a god damn discussion board where people discuss. This isn't congress or the United nations...we are all having fun here and exchanging thoughts and feelings and ideas. What the fuck is wrong with that? If someone doesn't share that same thought or feeling that good for you. Is it so horrible that someone is anxious about a measly song title or one line description of a song? if that bothers you so much that you have to post something negative and berating then maybe YOU are the one with the problem. Have an open mind or move the fuck on. what makes any one of you guys so special?

too many posters are getting flamed on this board for opening up and sharing their thoughts and feelings.

Yeah, some people express their feelings in obtuse and rather unpolished ways but don't forget there are posters on here from all parts of the world, with different ages and cultures, and don't all see things the same way everyone else does.

HAVE SOME FRIGGIN PATIENCE!

If you want to challenge their ideas and thoughts then thats great. Discussion is a two way street...but why get personal. Why berate? Why attack someone with 19 or 50 posts because they mentioned a thought or topic that you've seen a billion times because you have 30,000 posts and have been on these threads for 10 years.

Don't forget, we were all newbies once too.

sorry for the rant...but I'm getting sick of some of this shit.

Back
Top Bottom