Stop being selfish and just relax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArthDent

The Fly
Yah..

Seems most fans here will be disappointed if they do A, B or C and only happy with D.

Let the band which we all love, do their work. They deserve to do whatever they want! If it's moody, ambient, punk, pop, rock or even JAZZ..

Just hold on and wait for the album. Listen, and then make up your mind if you like it or not. In the long run it's for the best anyway. If I were to decide I'd hope for another JT album after JT, because it's fantastic! We got RAH which is so-so but I would NEVER get to see AB, which is equally good but totally different..

I know I will be happy no matter what. They have given me so much already.
Anything more is a bonus for me..

Spread the love! :love:

i like your message but this could have easily replied to any of the existing threads where people are bitching and moaning. :)

I find the "stop complaining, we're lucky they're even releasing an album because we don't deserve them!" posts just as annoying as the "I don't like anything they've ever done posts"..... but that's just me! LOL!

i like your message but this could have easily replied to any of the existing threads where people are bitching and moaning. :)

Yah, but the message would have drowned I think..

Anyone else who is gratefull for what they get regardless.. do post :wave:

"That we don't deserve it", is just as wrong as "they owe us something" in my opinion..
So that falls flat and is not what I wrote :hmm:

im sure we're all greatful, just some have higher expectations than others. no biggie, its their loss.

sure it owuld have drowned, but it isnt its own thread. it will no doubt be moved once an east coast mod wakes up

microsoft_werd.jpg

im sure we're all greatful, just some have higher expectations than others. no biggie, its their loss.

That and I mean this with all due respect Dan, must be the stupidest thing you have ever writen on this forum. My vote for new moderator just flew out of the window :wink:

That and I mean this with all due respect Dan, must be the stupidest thing you have ever writen on this forum. My vote for new moderator just flew out of the window :wink:

haha why so stupid? we all have high expectations. we all have different taste. some have expectations so high, that no matter what the music is like itll never reach them. so have them so low that theyll like any old garbage.

haha why so stupid? we all have high expectations. we all have different taste. some have expectations so high, that no matter what the music is like itll never reach them. so have them so low that theyll like any old garbage.

I guess you should have replaced to word higher (expectations) with ridiculous then :wink:
What you just wrote we can not disagree upon :up:

I guess you should have replaced to word higher (expectations) with ridiculous then :wink:
What you just wrote we can not disagree upon :up:

Is zwervers really harping on semantics?

lets not go there! :wink:

Seriously though...why should we have lowered expectations???

Why shouldn't we expect the best thing since TiVo? (yes...I rank TiVo higher then sliced bread)

They're the only band that I can think of that has a career that spans 3 decades with tremdous success and relevance throughout their entire career. They are basically going where no band has gone before. Why not have high expectations? What other band will live up to these expectations? If people want to keep their expectations low, then good for them. But I gaurantee that Universal Music has higher expectations then anyone on this board. THEY need this record to be a hit. I just need something to squelch the defening silence. :D

I gaurantee that Universal Music has higher expectations then anyone on this board. THEY need this record to be a hit. I just need something to squelch the defening silence. :D

:wink:

However. We are talking about quality, not about sales to feed the employees. If sales is an indication how good a record is than Britney Spears has 5 classics allready. this Album WILL be a hit because they are U2. They could produce the 11 shittiest songs ever and they would still sell 8 million copies, trust me. What do recordcompanies know about good music anyway? Many GREAT bands have been rejected at least 8 times by recordcompanies who told them that they were not good enough. My expectations are higher because they are my favorite band, period. :wave:

Is zwervers really harping on semantics?

lets not go there! :wink:

Seriously though...why should we have lowered expectations???

Why shouldn't we expect the best thing since TiVo? (yes...I rank TiVo higher then sliced bread)

They're the only band that I can think of that has a career that spans 3 decades with tremdous success and relevance throughout their entire career. They are basically going where no band has gone before. Why not have high expectations? What other band will live up to these expectations? If people want to keep their expectations low, then good for them. But I gaurantee that Universal Music has higher expectations then anyone on this board. THEY need this record to be a hit. I just need something to squelch the defening silence. :D

Universal wanting a hit doesn't make it quality. mmmmbop was a hit, macarena too, but would you want it on the album?

Yah, I have high expectations as well. But I generally love everything U2 makes. Not because I'm a "fanboy" to put it like that, but because they hit something in me that noone else does. I hold JT and AB as their best work, but I mostly love everything they have done. I will not however demand or hope anything. I will just be hit with what they deliver and then I may say if it can rival JT or AB..

On Space Moon are all unselfish and relaxed, hence the merge.

But what if Space Moon is......impacted......by the merge. Maybe it gets knocked off of its orbit ever so slightly by all the selfishness.....maybe Space Moon cannot handle the insanity, etc.....is this a risk worth taking?

Back
Top Bottom