Stop being selfish and just relax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I'm saying here is....be careful what you wish for when it involves Dalton. Remember in The Dark Knight when the mafia hired The Joker to help them out? That didn't go so well for them.

Hmmmm. . .I see what you're saying here. However, I am not convince Dalton has the charisma to manage his hoard ala The Joker. Your warning is duly noted though.

THE IMPORTANT THING IS, HTDAABs cover sucks. And thats what unites us all. :hug:

:wink:

And dont rag on the n00b, he could be our future leader.

I have completely forgotten (read: blocked out) what the cover of HTDAAB looks like. If my life depended on it I wouldn't be able to tell you what the hell was on it.

This n00b doesn't have the minions to be our leader. :tsk:

Yah..
1. Seems most fans here will be disappointed ...
2. Let the band do their work. They deserve to do whatever they want ...
3. Just hold on and wait for the album. Listen, and then make up your mind ...
4. I know I will be happy no matter what.
5, They have given me so much already. Anything more is a bonus for me ...
6. Spread the love!
:huh:
Sorry, but threads like this one do frighten me at least as much as those, whre people are bouncing and shouting around, complaining all the time ...

1. I doubt that.
2. I do let the band do their work.
3. I wait for the album - as everybody here - to make up my mind.
4. I don't know.
5. I do hope for new artistic horizons.
6. I try.

I have completely forgotten (read: blocked out) what the cover of HTDAAB looks like. If my life depended on it I wouldn't be able to tell you what the hell was on it.

I would post it, but I don't want to ruin this thread with it.

I'm starting to crave me some shellfish, must've been some joke I heard ages ago about selfish/shellfish something.. I can't remember it.

I think it's fair everyone has their expectations, but some people really have WAY too high expectations of this band. They're people like us y'know, and don't give me crap that they'r enot like us because they're spoiled rich, that's bullshit when it comes to the inside. They have flaws, they're not gods*shudder*, THEY MAKE MISTAKES!

And they have the right to.

And there's nothing we can do about it.

All the bitching and moaning in the world is not gonna change it.

That said, venting can sometimes be really satisfying. Like, HTDAAB cover sucks. It sucks. Badly.
There, done.

Yah..

Seems most fans here will be disappointed if they do A, B or C and only happy with D.

Let the band which we all love, do their work. They deserve to do whatever they want! If it's moody, ambient, punk, pop, rock or even JAZZ..

Just hold on and wait for the album. Listen, and then make up your mind if you like it or not. In the long run it's for the best anyway. If I were to decide I'd hope for another JT album after JT, because it's fantastic! We got RAH which is so-so but I would NEVER get to see AB, which is equally good but totally different..

I know I will be happy no matter what. They have given me so much already.
Anything more is a bonus for me..

Spread the love! :love:
I don't think people are worried about another departure they might love, but, rather, that the U2 of new is a hard stain to wash off and we might get more HTDAAB.

Just wanted to chime in...

I was speaking to co-worker today about this. In many ways I think the internet has made it more difficult to live up to something you're creating. The way movies and music are hyped up, it's no wonder that we can't help but feel let down when we get so close to something thru the web.

I read a Chris Martin quote about Viva la Vida and him saying that the songs on the Prospekt's March EP were left off the album because they didn't sound Coldplay-like. That is a quote than angers me because I would think that is a good thing. It means you're evolving as a unit. New ideas. New discoveries. New innovations. To stay the same is to level out, which is never a good thing.

My two cents.

Sorry but I have to disagree with the thread title

Just check this:
No Line on the Horizon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The album was originally planned for release in November 2008, but the band had written approximately 50-60 songs and wished to continue writing

"around 50-60 songs" have been recorded in the sessions

50-60 songs?

and what we'll be given? ... 11 tracks. That's simply an insult to the fanbase, really, having had enough material for at least a double album (and that's even making a "best of" from what they had).

And what if some tracks are just weaker of fairly FILLER, just as at least 3-4 numbers of ACTYLB and HTDAAB?.

and this is just bull$***

Standard jewel case - with album CD and 24 page booklet
LP vinyl - limited edition with 2 black vinyl discs, gatefold sleeve, and a 16 page booklet
Digipak format - limited edition with album CD, 36 page colour booklet and fold out poster. Features access to exclusive downloadable Anton Corbijn film.
Magazine format - limited edition with album CD, with 60 page magazine. Features access to exclusive downloadable Anton Corbijn film.
Box format - limited edition bespoke box containing digipak format album CD, DVD of Anton Corbijn's exclusive film, 64 page hardback book, plus a fold out poster.

The album cover and the song titles are just crap, but it doesn't matter, they already have The usual Rolling Stone magazine 5 star review and a hundred magazine covers announcing "THE NEW U2 ALBUM!", 1 million copies in a week, #1 in at least a dozen countries, etc. :yawn:

FOR LOVE OR MONEY?

DAMN, after Radiohead's In Rainbows we had hopes for that visionary, pioneer U2 :heart: ...

:depressed:

you obviously know very little about music and the recording process. of 50-60 songs, that means they have 50 or 60 choruses, or vocal melodies, or very very basic sketches. It doesn't mean that additionally to the 11 we are getting, there are 50 more in the sme state in the background.

I tell you one thing, if I was in U2, by this stage, the number of albums theyve given us, the number of shows theyd played, id be very tempted to hang it up and spend family time.

Grow up. You get a new album and tour.

And mate, you are embarrasing yourself by quoting wikipedia. Any shmuck can change it to say whatever they want. If I go now and change it to say, U2 had written 12 songs, and we get 11, plus one b side, would you be whinging.

And the moral of this thread is that U2 are awesome and we all agree with that fact. It's all that matters, we all like the same band. :wink:

I think it is our responsibility as hardcore U2 fans to break down and analyze what they do as a band. Holding up against scrutiny is a big part of staying relevant, or else you're Aerosmith (a nostalgia trip for a bunch of 45 year-olds), who release an album of average and often below verage songs as an excuse for touring.

U2 is still pushing, and as long as the media and people in gerneral push back, they'll be better off. It's not that we're not happy with anything they do... it's that we have expectations for the 4 of them and for their music. We want to see them remain the biggest and the greatest. I won't be happy if I think they're not artistically motivated, or if their album is below what they're capable of producing.

I think it is our responsibility as hardcore U2 fans to break down and analyze what they do as a band. Holding up against scrutiny is a big part of staying relevant, or else you're Aerosmith (a nostalgia trip for a bunch of 45 year-olds), who release an album of average and often below verage songs as an excuse for touring.

U2 is still pushing, and as long as the media and people in gerneral push back, they'll be better off. It's not that we're not happy with anything they do... it's that we have expectations for the 4 of them and for their music. We want to see them remain the biggest and the greatest. I won't be happy if I think they're not artistically motivated, or if their album is below what they're capable of producing.

:up: post of the day IMO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom