still a trilogy theory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GYOB is a extension of vertigo and the other rocking songs on here sound like a extension of ABOY . i mean to me they really really do. and that right thier really keeps it from not being part of this trilogy concept. To be honest i thought ABOY sounded a bit sheryl crow-ish. and so does breathe. they may have said this is a start-over because they knew everyone was gonna say it was a trilogy. but it is,lol.
also i enjoy this bashing of the previous album-to put over the new one thing that goes on. so HTDAAB stinks now. as did ATYCLB when HTDAAB came out. and POP stunk then ATYCLB came out. did ZOO suck when POP came out? or better yet, did AB stink when ZOO came out? lol. i would love to hear that discussion.

Great theory schmeery, trilogy schmilogy!!!

I have long subscribed to the theory of three for three zillion reasons to esoteric to recount at this time, and I really bought it until now, when I came up with a new theory based on thin references to old albums on recent ones.

Basically, this record reminds me of Unforgettable Fire, with bits of AB and Zooropa.

Not sure that is solid, but I feel it; then, I decided that Bomb was War part two, with bits of JT and RAH. Mainly, because Yahweh = 40. Then I realized that Behind was also October, because BD = Gloria.

Now, this all has something to do with Led Zeppelin and the Beatles. Because every reboot is also the rebirth of the house of the holy down on rocky racoon's ranch, in the strawberry fields, on the stairway to heaven. And as my favorite rock movie reminds,

It is all happening.

heard some of tracks on the radio. and i feel even more thats not a start over at all and its absoultely part of the last 2 albums. listening in your car may the best way to hear albums sometimes btw. yea, its just not a new start. its just not. in fact its absoultey what a follow up to HTDAAB should sound like. if the band was continuing in that direction. and they are. this fake rumour? about a reggae.dub album is more along what i had suggested before. i said irish traditional music. but reggae is just as far from where they are now. if this reggae/dub album is somehow real, i could see them releasing it under a different name, ala passengers. and how has that album (passengers) not come up yet in this thread??????? for whatever reason.

and how has that album (passengers) not come up yet in this thread??????? for whatever reason.

Because Passengers destroys the trilogy theory, so subscribers will overlook it or make the claim that it's not a true U2 album because of Eno & others. Now that we have NLOTH, the claim that Passengers isn't U2 can't be made.

And since I think that the trilogy theory is bollocks, I'll bring up Passengers. :wink:

its not a u2 album, but its the farthest away the members of u2 have gotten from anything they ever done (all 30 years) playing together on the same record,lol.

What if the trilogy was:
ATYCLB
HTDAAB
The 2006 Rick Rubin sessions that Window in the Skies and the Saints are Coming came from?

Then:
NLOTH
The sequel about pilgrimage
Spiderman: The Musical.

Just a thought....

But really I think the Trilogy theory only made sense for the 80s. There was a Quadrilogy on the 90s and then a duo of ATYCLB and HTDAAB.......

Back
Top Bottom