Sticky this thread please...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
U2 forum rules:

1. NO negative opinions allowed, whether they're about the band, the albums or even the odd song.

2. NO disagreements allowed. Everybody should have the same taste and must like what U2 does or else go away to another forum or listen to another band if they want to say anything bad about U2 or disagree with a true fan.

3. NO saying stuff like "this song sucks" or "that album sucks". That only shows your ignorance. Those songs and albums actually rock. So bottom line is that you are ignorant unless you like them.

Thank you and have a good (positive) discussion!

U2 can do no wrong!

When will U2:19 come out? I'll take two please!

Hey, I just downloaded a 2 second beach-clip. Let's all analyse each and every nano-second to see if we can determine U2's next musical direction! And then drool over said direction!

Mercy is the best song of all-time!

:yippie:

:|

I think what it comes down to is how people actually formulate and discuss their personal opinions.

Whether it's in praise or dislike people should know how to discuss their opinions.

Saying, 'this song is awesome because it's U2', is just as ignorant as saying 'But deep down inside, you know in your heart, that this song is no where near the quality we got from U2 pre-2000. Denial just ain't a river in Egypt.'

Opinions are opinions, they shouldn't be sold as fact.

Very true. Goes for both sides.

Unless we're talking about:

a) Yahweh
b) The first 2 minutes of ABOY
c) The Sweetest Thing
d) WITS.

:wink:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Saying, 'this song is awesome because it's U2', is just as ignorant as saying 'But deep down inside, you know in your heart, that this song is no where near the quality we got from U2 pre-2000. Denial just ain't a river in Egypt.'

Agreed. :up:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
'But deep down inside, you know in your heart, that this song is no where near the quality we got from U2 pre-2000. Denial just ain't a river in Egypt.'

Get with the program, that has been the official party line here for the past 7 years.

this again?

except for maybe 1 or 2 posters no one here expects this place to always be 100% positive

it also can't be healthy the wallow in negativity the way some people do though
they don't seem to be able to express anything U2 related without bashing
and I don't feel any need to defend that right on a U2 forum
they can just find a hobby they do like

:lmao:

What always amuses me is that virtually every thread that starts off with a super negative post about some aspect of U2 would almost instantly die if all the people complaining about how the OP was so negative; trying to push his/her opinion as fact; or just wrong wrong wrong would just not post in the thread. :lol:

Look at the "Waves of Sorrow Sucks" thread. It currently has 48 posts, but only three posters agreed with the original poster. If everyone who thought the OP was just blowing smoke out his ass and not engaging in serious/valid discussion (which was pretty much everyone else who posted) moved on to threads more to their stated liking the thread would have four posts and would be pretty much just a fading memory by now. But it seems as if it's more fun for even those who preach positivity to whine about someone being negative than just to move on and allow that person their opinion. And I don't mind -- I think these threads are great fun to read. :)

"But deep down inside, you know in your heart, that this song is no where near the quality we got from U2 pre-2000. Denial just ain't a river in Egypt." :hmm:

Sounds to me like the OP in that thread wasn't allowing others their opinion and was selling his opinion as fact. That is also the m.o. of several posters, especially on the topic of post 2000 U2 (another part of the issue is there are many, many more of those posts than there are "I like everything U2 does"). I don't see a problem with them being called out on it.
As they say, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. There are many more appropriate websites around if all someone plans to do is trash U2, since obviusly a certain percentage of people can't/won't move on from this 7 year old war path re: present era U2.

also i think anyone who drops the word "ignorant" all over the place like rain (especially when used in the context of debating TASTE) needs a nice slap in the ass with a fly swatter. sticky THAT.

yeah, that's RITE, NSW, i TYPED like THAT!!! Whatcha gonna DOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I think what it comes down to is how people actually formulate and discuss their personal opinions.

Whether it's in praise or dislike people should know how to discuss their opinions.

Score.

Back
Top Bottom