Stealth Promotion? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-27-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
Refugee
 
rihannsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 1,310
Local Time: 04:37 PM
Stealth Promotion?

U2 is really keeping things under wraps with this album. They are letting people hear it but only under super controlled conditions. Check out this little blurb.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
PLENTY of excitement at the Saatchi Gallery on London's South Bank last night.

Diary understands the latest U2 album, "No Line on the Horizon" got its first airing at the venue.

Hoping for a sneak preview? Want to hear if Bono has still got it? Unless someone has been very sneaky you will have to wait a little longer.

The album doesn't come out until March 2, and it was strictly invite only last night.

In fact the security around the event was so strict there was a room set aside for the music journos and assembled grandees, and another one for them to leave their Dictaphones, mobile phones, laptops and other recording devices in.

No surprise perhaps as last year some of the band's new songs where leaked onto the internet after they were recorded outside Bono's French villa.

They were swiftly removed.

Let's hope no fans were loitering outside the Saatchi Gallery last night with recording booms.

As reported here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...der-funds.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana
__________________

__________________
rihannsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,917
Local Time: 03:37 PM
really confirms that this album won't leak any more than a week before the ireland release.

the good news is that we're 30 days away!
__________________

__________________
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas and around the Texas Triangle
Posts: 13,963
Local Time: 03:37 PM
Oh yeah... they were swiftly removed, alright.

But I'm really surprised (happily, mind you) that U2 and Uni have been so secretive about NLOTH. Hell, they are consciously letting Boots fail in America. Either they've totally lost it, or they're very stealthily in control, with a master plan that we don't know about but that they have a lot of confidence in. Given the tone of the album (what we can discern of it, that is), and statements about it... I'm leaning to the latter. U2 and Uni aren't stupid.
__________________
digitize is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Rachel D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Under a Pile of Words
Posts: 5,840
Local Time: 03:37 PM
This album is probably being guarded better than some government secrets.

Does this mean that we're going to be getting more reviews from journalists soon?

Info...
__________________
Rachel D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas and around the Texas Triangle
Posts: 13,963
Local Time: 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel D. View Post
This album is probably being guarded better than some government secrets.

Does this mean that we're going to be getting more reviews from journalists soon?

Info...
In fact, this MP3 player came with government secrets... but no NLOTH!
__________________
digitize is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
MMP
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,020
Local Time: 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
Oh yeah... they were swiftly removed, alright.

But I'm really surprised (happily, mind you) that U2 and Uni have been so secretive about NLOTH. Hell, they are consciously letting Boots fail in America. Either they've totally lost it, or they're very stealthily in control, with a master plan that we don't know about but that they have a lot of confidence in. Given the tone of the album (what we can discern of it, that is), and statements about it... I'm leaning to the latter. U2 and Uni aren't stupid.
Pinky and Brain gotta be involved in all this.....
__________________
MMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Rachel D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Under a Pile of Words
Posts: 5,840
Local Time: 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
In fact, this MP3 player came with government secrets... but no NLOTH!
Just our luck!

That is pretty weird, though.
__________________
Rachel D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:35 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,422
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rihannsu View Post
Let's hope fans were loitering outside the Saatchi Gallery last night with recording booms.

FIXED.


__________________
JOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:11 PM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:37 PM
Paul McGuinness would be better as Director of the CIA than as a band manager.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:24 PM   #10
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 01:37 PM
Actually it would be better if it doesn't leak.
Then everyone can go buy it legally at the same time instead of all this 'send me the leak!1!!' chaos.

I admit I would download it if it leaked, but I would also buy it when it comes out. I think Paul McGuinne$$ knows they can make way more money by preventing leaks.
__________________
Sicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:20 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict
 
last unicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: lost in poetry
Posts: 19,446
Local Time: 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Paul McGuinness would be better as Director of the CIA than as a band manager.

Why? He's just doing his job, and it's right to keep the album from leaking. Personally, I want to hear it when it's properly released.
__________________
last unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:00 AM   #12
The Fly
 
lancerla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Million Dollar Hotel
Posts: 256
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
Personally, I want to hear it when it's properly released.
Personally, I want to break into Hanover Quay and burn a copy yesterday.
__________________
lancerla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:02 AM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,005
Local Time: 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Paul McGuinness would be better as Director of the CIA than as a band manager.
I think you meant to say $ecretary of the Trea$ury.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:14 AM   #14
Refugee
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Roermond, Netherlands
Posts: 1,742
Local Time: 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Actually it would be better if it doesn't leak.
Then everyone can go buy it legally at the same time instead of all this 'send me the leak!1!!' chaos.

I admit I would download it if it leaked, but I would also buy it when it comes out. I think Paul McGuinne$$ knows they can make way more money by preventing leaks.
I feel exactly the same. I would download it at the moment is is leaked, and I would still buy the album. However, it would be great if this time they prevent leaking it. It would bring back the exciting feeling of going to the shop buy it, run home and hear the songs for the first time on my own stereo
__________________
phommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:27 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict
 
Aardvark747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Obscured By Clouds...
Posts: 22,359
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phommel View Post
I feel exactly the same. I would download it at the moment is is leaked, and I would still buy the album. However, it would be great if this time they prevent leaking it. It would bring back the exciting feeling of going to the shop buy it, run home and hear the songs for the first time on my own stereo
My thoughts exactly
__________________

__________________
Aardvark747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com